Dip Bait to be had in SC?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN, Aug 3, 2009.

1. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    I have not seen much in the line of dip baits around my neck of the woods.What do you guys use around here?Do you order it online?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

The Anglers mart in Moncks corner used to carry a good one from Indiana,but they didnt have any when I was thru there recently.

2. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    I get Sonny's from anglers. I think it is the best I've used.

3. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Thanks Matt. I think that might be the one I used before,but not really sure.If thats the one they had been carrying then thats the one I used with really good results on Channels and Blues.I have the hooks and
    the tubes,just need the bait.Gonna do another night this Friday across from the restaurant on the Tailrace.Hopefully I can get into some more of those Blues.

4. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    I'm thinkin of going Friday too. Haven't decided where yet. I think I will try the lake if the weather permits. I was just looking under the baits section and there are rave reviews on the secret 7 dip bait from team catfish. I think you have to order it online. I talked to some guys fishing the diversion canal a couple of weeks ago and they were catching em on primo which you can get at wal mart. I haven't used either one.

5. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Well,Ill start with Sonnys and see what happens.I will eventually order some secret7,but not right now.Thanks for the info.

6. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We always used Junnies sewer bait. Last I knew Harry's sold it. Always tore the channel and blues up in the rediversion on it.

7. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    I fish the Rediversion every chance I can get.Love it because not any boats around and very quiet.Ill check for that bait as well,thanks.

8. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yea we do a lot of fishing on the Rediversion also. Caught my personal best down there this past spring, 55lb flathead in my avatar.

9. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Man,that is a monster Flathead...congrats on that.Do you ever fish the Rediversion late in the summer?

Thanks for posting.