dip bait or punch bait?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by catfishcrazyjr, Apr 18, 2008.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    witch one do yall prefer? dip or punch

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I've had great success using dip baits. I prefer using Sonny's dip bait the most. Seems to be the most productive dip bait on the lake I fish. I also like using Catfish Charlie, Cat Tracker and Bowkers from time to time. I bought a jar of Danny King's punch bait to try it out when the water warms up. I'm hoping it works for me. I got some #4 treble hooks to use with it. I like using Cat Tracker tubie worms with the dip baits too.:big_smile::big_smile:

Thanks for the post..
    Mark..

3. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    $13 for DK and not one bite in the ponds or lake in my last 9 outtings. $5 for some Wicky Sticky and I never not caught some when that is around, so you tell me.

4. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thought punch bait and dip bait were the same thing. Anywho, i use alot of sonnys and cattracker products with great results everytime.

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Never have had to much luck with either,Ive never even got a nibble on the danny kings and ive been trying with it 2 years.I do catch some eaters on those magic bait balls i think its the crawfish flavor.

6. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I prefer using to use a quality punch bait, but have had recent sucess using dip bait as well. It's just not as convenient or clean to use as a punch bait.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jame, I wish you lived a little closer. Me and Big Sam would take you out and change your mind about punch bait. DK's punch is an excellent bait. We tried some secret 7 bait the other day and caught some fish on it also. We will be testing secret 7 this summer and see how it compares to DK's.

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Get you some Sonny's Super Sticky original dip bait and start catching fish! :wink:I've had some DK Punch Bait and have yet to get a bite on it.:eek:oooh: