Dip bait holders

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by beakus, Apr 12, 2007.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    i made a bunch of bait holders last night.i took a piece of latex hose that i got from home depot and cut it into 2" pieces,then pinch it flat and cut a 45 deg.angle on one end, know get the old leather punch you have had in your tool box for a hundred years and put a hole just below the angle cut and the bottom then turn 90 deg.and put one in the middle wahlah!a dip bait holder!

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great post, Looper makes the best dip bait rigs I have ever seen. You should try em sometime.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John sounds like it might work. Give it a trial run then post the results and some pics. I like to use the Looper rigs. They work well for me when channel cat fishing.:big_smile:

4. pokechoke

pokechoke New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the info

5. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Does anyone have a pic of a looper rig?
    Dru

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
  7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I agree about the Looper's. Best I've every used. Holds bait on very well even in current.

8. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Thanks for the info, beakus....I noticed an article in Catfish Insider with one of those "tubes" in it...I'm gonna try it....I do the same thing with 4" minnow tubes I get at the local bait shop....I also use regular 3-4" skirted tubes I find on sale....Punch some holes in it and you're good to go.....DemoMan

9. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I checked out the latex tubing at home depot and it cost around $1.57 a foot....That's $.26 for two inches....I can buy 4" tubes for $.15 a peice...I still like the idea, but I'll stick with 4" tubes and continue to punch holes in the tubes.....DemoMan

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Trust me when I tell you that the tubeing is not all it is cracked up to be. It baits OK the first time, after it gets wet it is worthless.

Those looper rigs are the real deal. You can fish em side by side and see an amazing difference.

Just trying to help ya. Good luck with whichever you decide on useing.

11. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're supposed to let each "dip worm" dry out before reuseing....I think....Seems the bait won't stick to a wet dipper....DemoMan

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Very true brother, good luck with em.

Sent ya a PM.