Dip bait holder question

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by brinley45cal, Mar 24, 2006.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    do you guys and gals use dip worms or is the ones with the sponge and mesh better,i dont know which one to use,to me it would seem like the ones with the sponge and mesh would be better since they hold more bait.Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Looper Rigs, I'm gonna try these puppies out. Got some in a trade and they look really good. Check out the sponsor list to the right of this post.
    Danny King's doen't need a sponge or mesh keeper. It stays on the hook very well, but with the Loopers ya should be able to just pile on the bait....

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    T-bone is right. Looper Rigs are the best hands down.

ST

4. graybeard

graybeard New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've never used the sponge hooks, always had good luck with the dip worms. The Looper rigs sound better, though, I'm gonna have to get me some of them.

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I like the ones with the mesh. I have used both and the mesh one holds the bait better than conventional tubes, and are easier to load. My feeling on the sponge is that it's bound to become saturated with dip bait, and just hold it longer. I have some friends who take the treble hook off and use a 4.0 hook, they say they get a lot better hookup, and the catfish doesn't swallow it quite as easily. I'm going to try that this year so I'll let you know.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Tod (T-Bone) & Grey (SeedTick) are right - Get yourself some Looper Rigs, you can't do any better. :)
    :0a23:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Best thing you can use is right here!!!

Use Loopers Rigs. There is NO better rig for prepared bait!!

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I've tried most everyone I couild get my hands on.
    Use to use the tubes with the holes in it. Never cared for the plastic worms with ridges on it.

Notice I say I use to hehe. I Found the Looper Rigs and tis all I want to use now. Holds the bait the best that i've found.. Now im a big fan and rave about em any chance I can heh...

I use Sonny's and I like to mix in a little veg oil to make it just a tad slurpy for a nice scent slick.

9. Gone Catfishing

Gone Catfishing New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Looper rigs! Looper rigs!

10. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    I like looper rigs because with the bait i make they hold the bait 3 times longer then any other bait holding item i have used,

So now when i make my baits i use nothing other then a looper rig with them.

11. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Personaly I use one of them Looper Rigs :)
    Loop

12. gebs

gebs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use the tubes for slow current and the mesh for strong current, but either way I always use a sponge. The sponge gets soaked w/ the bait and even after the bait drifts off, the scent remains.

The looper looks interesting, I'll have to try it this year.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    The sponge gets soaked w/ the bait and even after the bait drifts off, the scent remains.

The looper looks interesting, I'll have to try it this year.[/QUOTE]

:0a27:
    All I know is, that in Dip-Bait Fishing, in a river or a lake with any kind of current, the Dip-Bait will leave a scent trail, and the Cats will follow that scent to the source, and when it arrives at that source it will try to eat it, and with a Lopper Rig there's always something at the source. So I guest that I saying that the Lopper Rig is the best way to go.
    (Think about it :rolleyes: )

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)