dip and punch baits

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by brinley45cal, Jan 1, 2009.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    what are some good dip or punch baits that you guys use with regular success?

2. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't use them very much, but Danny Kings seems to work pretty well for me. I've also had luck with the Magic Bait Wild cat pre molded bait.

3. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    danny king (blood) & secret 7 (using a "furry thang"--thats a bait holder made by the same company)

4. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    where can you get the secret 7?i looked on the links the boc provided and could only find the twin 16 oz package i was looking for a pale or jar of it.

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    for me it is hard to beat sonnies dip baits

6. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    is it spelled sonnies or sonnys?

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    My favorites are listed in order.
    1. Dk's original and blood
    2. Sonny's blood
    3. Wicked Stickey
    4. Bonkers

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I always carry these items of dip bait on every trip. You never know what the fish will prefer on a particular day. Uncle Charlies (shad), Sonnys (Blood ),Wickid Stickey, Secret 7. All of these have caught fish for me. Just started using the Secret 7 and i"m impressed. Secret 7 can be purchased from a BOC Sponsor, Team Catfish.

9. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    i can buy it locally, but idk about kentucky. you can buy it over the internet. go to www.[B]teamcatfish.com. [/B]

10. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Sonny's blood formula seems to work the best for me. I have used the Sonny's blood on one rod and Danny King's blood on another and Sonny's outfished DK's at least 4 to 1.

11. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    I dont like DKs myself, i bought some a year or two ago and used the whole tub without so much as a nibble.Im thinking about getting some sonnys blood and the one with the cheese and a couple of cattracker like the supper sticky and maybe the polesnatcher.but not sure just yet.

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    James, Secret 7 in my opinion is the best dip bait on the market today. We use it in the summer when the water temps hit 70 and above and the blues and channel cats will absolutely hammer this bait. Send Jeff with team catfish a pm and he will hook you up with some. He also sells dip tbes, furry thangs etc.. He will also explain to you better than I can the best way to fish it.

13. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Jeff who? how do i get in touch?dont i need his username or something? More specific please.

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    James, go to the home page and look under BOC sponsors, click on team catfish then cick on team catfish gear to look at the products he sells. Or go here http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99877 this is a video he just posted then click on Jeff Williams and send him a private message. He sells some great double action circle hooks as well.

15. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    thanks brother ill check it out,i appreciate it.