Dink's Trotline Storage

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by dinkbuster1, Jun 12, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now before you go bashing me for being a "river-raper" just let me say i rarely ever keep fish from my trotts. i may put one out 2 or 3 times a year mainly to check out new stretches of river to eliminate dead areas, or do it just for fun. i thought i would post pics of how i keep them stored because everything else i have seen on here and in books/mags looks really sloppy. the bucket is a 2gallon that i picked up at a dollar store for, you guessed it, A BUCK. i then cut out 50 v-notches (50 hooks per trott) with a serated edge kitchen knife for the hooks to be placed in. when the lid is on tight the hooks will not move no matter how hard you drop or shake the bucket, just make sure notches arent cut too deep. when i set it i tie off the end and bait the hooks as i take each hook from a notch and then attach the end to an anchor that has a short rope and a loop where i clip it together. when i retreive the trott i run from the bank first and take off fish/bait as i go, pull up anchor, and place hooks back in notches as i pull myself towards bank. when the line is wet it will lay really neat in the bottom of the buckets and as long as you go in order with the hooks it will come off really smooth as well. the brick in there is just to make it bottom heavy so it wont tip. for larger trotts i guess you could use a 3-5gallon bucket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]