Dinkbuster going cold-turkey

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dinkbuster1, Feb 12, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i went out fri nite for a little while with some freinds, wish now i would have stayed home. didnt drink very much but i was bought a jack/coke at some point and i beleive thats what got me in trouble. if i have any liquor in my system i tend to sleepwalk. at some point between 430am and 630am i went face-first down the steps and struck my head/face on the banister post. not going to get into all the details but sometime around 630 i came to and wandered around the house in la-la land for about an hour. finally called a freind to take me to the hospital where i found out i had a broke wrist and needed 15 stitches. could have been much worse! no more liquor for me, and it may be a long time before i even drink a beer. below are pics of me banged up, and the scene of the accident (after freinds cleaned it up).

Attached Files:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dang that looks bad, I gave up all Alcohol years ago, had to or I would probably be dead by now.

3. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Wow man...That looks like it hurt! Maybe you should start chaining yourself to the bed!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Oh man! That doesnt like the fun I remember from my drinking daze!

5. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey man, life will not be over if ya quite for good. I did some 20 years ago. I started very young and lived a bad youth, not sure I would of made it this long if I had stayed drinking. I've found being sober is a great way to keep friends and remember everything! Take care Bro, and heal up fast. Kinda hard to set the hook with a broke wrist.:crying: It's gonna be hard to say no, but I know ya can do it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rock-big: ........

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    beer is the strongest drink i will touch,
    and i wont even drink much of that anymore.

glad you were hurt at home and not on the hiway or road
    causeing an innocent person to suffer along with you.

hope you get healed up soon.

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    WOW!!!. That is opening up a can of woop A##. I think I would give up drinking. Those stairs look tall. I think your lucky you didnt break your neck or back.

If you ever have another drink, try duct taping yourself to the bed or something. My oldest son use to sleep walk when he was 8 years old. Just for a short time we had that problem and he grew out of it. Doctors wasn't sure why he did it but I think it was the ADHD pills he was on at the time. I took him off those things and no more problems. He actually grew out of the ADHD. I dont think he really was ADHD to begin with. I think his problem was , I worked 12 hours a day and sometimes more, 6-7 days a week for a very long time. 2 years with a weeks Vacation once a year for camping. I wasn't able to be there for him all the time. I acually quit that job because of my 2 Sons. Course every job I've ever had, I worked overtime.

My wife and I would take turns watching him at night. It was really scary when he sleep walk. He didn't harm himself when sleep walking but seeing the expression on his face when did, it scared the heck out of my wife and I.
    It would be hard to wake him up and he would looking right at as. Scary stuff when it happens to a child.
    Even on the pills he was not himself. I'm glad I took him off those things. I do realize it helps some but in our case, it didnt.

Anyway, I hope you get to feeling better and stay away from drinking. That aint worth it.

8. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    You are extremly lucky!! I have seen people take lesser falls then that and end up never walking again. Hope you heal up quick the fish are wiating for ya:)

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow, She really beat the crap out of you didn't she? ;) Go on it's okay tell us the TRUTH!

Just kidding, man you could have ended up worse, not like you ended up good but it could have been worse. Good thing it's winter, you dont need the hand right now.

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Dang Mike That has to hurt!!!!! April 4th will be 12 years of sobriety for Me!!! Maybe You should give quitting a thought. alcohol Has a bad affect on some and looks like Your sleep walking could be dangerous!!

Hope You feel better soon You'll need that wrist soon enough, spring is right around the corner!!!

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    LOL, glad it isnt worse. Heal up quick so you can get back on the water for spring.

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    ARE YOU SURE THAT IS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED?????

Looks like you got the bad end of a good bar fight to me, LOL!!!
    Staircases have a bad habit of beating up on people who are un-aware of their presents. Maybe with a little luck and persaverance you will get back at that staircase in the near future.
    PS All kidding aside I am glad you servived the fall, you are lucky you made with only a few dents and scatches, it could have been much worse.

13. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    honestly, i fell, they said the same thing in the ER, said thats what battered women say all the time!:glare: anyways, thank everyone. just had a freind (female) give me a bath to get all the dried blood off my back and realized i have a bunch of big rug-burns also, seems like i went for quite a tumble, lol. really not as bad as it looks, my wrist is the worst of it all, im left handed and i wont be able to hold a rod for a while.......fishing rod that is:D

14. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Mike, looks like quite a tumble. Good to hear you didn't get any permanent damage.

15. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Dude that looks painfull,you may want to pad your steps and banister...lol Just kidding hope your recovery goes fast and well

16. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    LOL...that's exactly what I was thinking. Are you sure your female friend didn't take the opportunity to settle an old score while you were sleeping? Maybe it'd be a good idea to hide the baseball bat, and sleep with one eye open for awhile....or at least sleep with some shades on so she can't tell if you're awake or not...Lol. :cool:

17. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    man Mike that is rough, i would just be happy i didnt remember how it felt when it happened. How long is the recovery for the broken wrist?

18. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    April 10 will be 4 years sober an it shoulda been bout 24! Spent a lot of time in th revolving door. PM me anytime ya want an I'll get back as soon as I can. Don't look like yer lacking fer somebody to talk to, but there it is. I've attacked chairs, tables, doors, pickup bumpers, an lotsa other stuff that was just minding it's own business an I cain't say I ever won! Jim

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    IMO Good decision. But, then again.
    My daddy always said that if ya want sympathy its in the dictionary between S#$T and SYPHILIS. LOL!

20. Outlw36

Outlw36 New Member

State:
    Prineville, Oregon
    Oh man does that bring back memories lol. Haven't heard that one in years.
    Yea I gave up the drinking scene some years back. One of the best decisions I ever made. Just wish I get back some of the money I drank away.
    Wishing ya a speedy recovery.
    Jim Allen