Dink almost went "MEDEIVAL" today!

Discussion in 'Boat Safety' started by dinkbuster1, Apr 19, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    gotta vent folks! why are people with the most money, most expensive boats/cars/homes, and who are high up on the totem pole so short on common sense and courtesy? heres what happened today......took my 15ft jon out fishing today on the great miami river to do some channel and flat fishing. now this is a small river that is only 100 yards wide and averages about 6ft, and the only areas where you can boat are where lowhead dams were built. i had some problems last year one day with some bass fishing jerks who almost sank my 14ft while i was anchored. $@#%#'s would race up full throttle within 20ft of my boat and stop butt cold and start casting like crazy. 3 times my boat almost flipped! happened 3 times in the same day! last boat to do it got some "threats" and a few sinkers from the slingshot so they took off. NOW TODAY! i was in almost the same location where i was last year, and about an hour later i noticed a HUGE ski boat barreling up river towards me. as it sped by it created 3-4ft waves! i managed to ride that out without flipping, and these jerks just waved as they passed by me on the way back down river....ALMOST LOST IT AGAIN FROM THE WAVES! i was really ticked off but i managed to direct my thoughts elsewhere. about 15 minutes later they returned, sped right by me within 20ft, and proceeded to do a huge "doughnut" right behind my boat and then shoot downriver again! folks, i thought for sure the boat was sunk! that do-nut created what seemed to be 6ft waves! one wave crashed over the boat and i took on about 55 gallon of water. as soon as i realized i wasnt going to sink, in came all the poles......up with the anchor....bilge pump on.....and off i went in hot pursuit! (btw, im shaking now from anger thinking about it!) on the way i was planning a major assault against the crew of this boat! forget my boat, im going aboard to open up a major can of whoop ass on somebody! i caught up with them about a mile downriver they had stopped and were planning on towing a skier. here we go boys, its on now! but then i noticed 4 small children with them and my plans took a turn. (thank god, i'd be in jail now) i proceeded to give a tounge lashing from hell and 10 minutes later was on the phone with the police. btw this boat had no registration numbers either, and i let the police/rangers know this as well. once they heard that i called the police they kept motoring near trying to apologize and say sorry....."go to hell! you should show more respect to others who use this river!" "would you let a drunk driver go after apologizing? thats what you act like!" $@##%$!%#$@%#" i went ashore where the ramp was to take photos of their truck and take tag numbers for "future reference" right before the police showed up. after police showed up it turned out the boat was just purchased and they had 30 days to get it registered, but the rangers gave the boat operators one heck of an A@@ chewing. turned out there was no property damage so nothing could be done, but the rangers were highly upset! they admited doing what they done but said they didnt think anyone would get upset by it. GEEZ! i the past i never was in support of a mandatory boating safety course...but i am now!

2. Outlw36

Outlw36 New Member

State:
    Prineville, Oregon
    Sorry to hear about your trip, but glad you didn't get sunk. Here the authorities would have cited em. Waterskiers and jet skiers have always been the types I've had troubles with. Used to go out in a 9ft rubber raft. Most of the time the jerks would wait till the last second to turn, even if my kids were with me. Upgraded to a 14ft fiberglass with a 35hp, same treatment but not the worry of getting swamped.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    btw, i got skunked!

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dink, it's a good thing I didnt go. That nice new boat or truck might just have a few holes in it. Shoot me a PM & give me the boat info so I will have it.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Dink that sucks brother, I would of surely put on some 8oz sinkers and tossed em at their heads as they came by. You sure have more patience then I do.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man I am glad I dont live near a big city, That would be hard to take for sure.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I see Dink got skunked, looks like I am in for a bad trip saturday.

8. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Just wait til you encounter a tug. Last year we had one that rocked up so hard that when the boat sat between waves water would come up to the back pedestal on the deck and wash over the front at the same time. We could barely see over those waves..........

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dink, at the time these people did the dougnut did they realize they almost sunk you?? did they see the water going into your boat???? Or were they so stupid that they thought they were causing no harm?

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Glad to see things didnt get worse. Hopefully you changed their boating habits from now on. Yet another reason for mandatory boating classes.

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hey everyone, I did not want to start a new thread, but I got a new boat today. Took it out on the Great Miami River today to see how fast it would go. Man, I almost sunk this guy in a little Jon boat. He got all bent out of shape and I said hey, you just sit there and keep throwing out those bass lures, I am warming up to go Catfishing.

Guy's name was Dinkbuster or something like that. I can't believe he got mad at me for warming up the boat when he was Ba$$ fishing, the nerve of some people. :tounge_out:

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The sad truth is that a boaters safety course isn't gonna do squat. Yahoos are gonna be just that regardless of what courses they take or what pieces of paper they carry in their wallets.

Its a mere reflection of bad upbringin and sadly the same dam habits are bein taught to those kids that were with them. The chain of iggnorance and stupidity will never be broken and in todays society its only gettin thicker.

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Bye the way Mike. I do luv the sling shot idea! LOL! What a waste of good lead though. LOL!

14. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Get there boat numbers and call marine police, take pictures, dial 911 from your cell and declair emergency if it happens again. Put the heat on them!

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    man bud, that sucked. people like that need a bit of old time justice! keep that old fishing line next time you change it. toss it out in front of the bassholes. its hard to keep your cool with jerks like that but with witnesses ,well. unfortunatly, boating classes wont cure idiots like that.

16. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Dink might try floatin an old ski rope out there next time.Works fer me,it'll stop em dead in thier tracks when it wraps up tight in thier prop!Just laugh when ya motor on by.he he:byebye:

17. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    oh yeah! they slowed down a bit and watched from a distance. heard a couple laughs and that was what set me off!:mad:

18. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thats why Im glad I dont have a boat yet. Dont have patients for that kind of crap.

19. tmuenster

tmuenster New Member

State:
    South Dakota
    Dink,

Sorry to hear some bonehead ruined your fishing. I am glad you were able to direct your anger into a verbal onslaught rather than letting things get out of hand. My temper has gotten the better of me from time to time and I always regret it. Jail, court and the fines are no fun. Hopefully you saved someone else from this guy's wake by making him think.

Thanks for sharing your story,
    Tom

20. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    In Arizona at local lake called patagona they just outlawed jetski, and speed boats thank God because of this issue