Dillon Yesterday 3-14-09

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by BobbyLee, Mar 15, 2009.

1. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Well fished Dillon again yesterday with Dustin, Jerry, Garrett, Mike and Jason. Only caught one channel 5 lbs. But had a good time shooting the breeze with everyone. Got the water temp. Still a lil' chilly. Method: Wading out to retrieve my bait bucket.

Also had a funny conversation with an older gentleman over our choice of bait. (bluegills) He saw me catch that channel and said he had to walk over and see what was going on. Then he spotted our cut up bluegills and said; "I don't mean to get in your business, but don't let the dnr see that." I replied; "See what?" He pointed at our bait and said; "You can't use that as bait only rough fish." I then proceeded to explain and educate him by explaining that you could use them and even bass if caught on rod and reel. Even told him I'd bet him a dollar. Guess I upset him, at that point he walked away from us. Well we all had a good laugh. Someone really needs to educate these bass fishermen. Perhaps some free or discounted rates on some catfish seminar's...

2. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    Yeah I love it when a bass guy starts acting like he is better because I go after cats. Thats when I let him in on a little known bait that I catch all my big cats on..... cut largemouth!!! I had one guy so mad that he wanted to fight me! Ha Ha:smile2: (actually the only thing that I ever caught on cut bass was a bullhead)
    I have also been told that I wasn't allowed to catch ANY fish with a cast net not even shad! That dude even threatened to call the TIP hotline!:roll_eyes: I told him to go ahead! Then I said "before you call you should read that section in the fishing regulations" He walked off shaking his head....

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    whats not to like about using Gills fer bait. I'd use baby Muskies if I could catch them lol.

Congrats on another decent fish Bobby Lee.
    Sorry to see you saddled with Jason and Jerry yesterday lol. Do they even know how to catch fish? Tell them they can't expect to catch catfish with those Wheatie Balls.

4. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad you got out for a day-Have you or any of your fellow catmen actually been on the Lake-I drove up yesterday and the Big Run ramp was covered with logs and drift wood.I suspose the park will get around to cleaning it off.It did look like the Marina ramp was clear-hopefully there is enough water there to put a boat in.I can't stand it any longer-I gotta see if I can get the motor started on the ol boat and try to catch a few crappies and may be do a little drifting for some channels.Good fishing and be safe.

5. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Ben, They have been launching from the 146 ramp as well as the marina. Skip (S_man) has been out in his boat several times already... Hope this helps...

6. Vito the Catman

Vito the Catman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bobbylee

I have had that happen to me many times in the past. I made a copy of the dnr rules that were posted the other day and I keep a copy in my fishing box. Just in case I run into someone like that.

7. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :smile2:

Maybe you can take us on one of your carp trips, Skip - you do a heckuva job!

I may not be able to catch a cat,but damn can I pick bait!! That gill I had on the line was kickin' up a storm after 8 hours in the water... I had to let him go - he deserved his freedom..

8. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Just got computer back up.Yeah it was nice fishing with everybody at dillon. Had fun shooting the bull with everyone.Bobby you forgot to mention that you caught that cat on a buckeye bluegill champion champion bluegill bait.:smile2:Rounded up those heaters for ya and will bring to johnnys.I was hoping you guys caught some after i left.You had a good ideal next time i make soup ill have to add some bluegill heads.YUMMY

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Here in eastern PA, you get assaulted if guys catch you using bass and trout for bait:wink:.
    I guess it would upset us if they used baby flatheads to catch bass and trout.

Just tell them what I tell the guys out there, "that's what happens when you are at the bottom of the food chain.":eek:oooh:

10. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    "that's what happens when you are at the bottom of the food chain."

I like that line Tan; I just might have to use next time. lol... Probally tick the guy off even more. I tried to explain it to him politely, but some people are just ignorant I guess. He just did'nt want to hear it.