Dillon Thur 9/25

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tomh, Sep 27, 2008.

1. tomh

tomh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Drifted Dillon for about 6 hrs in afternoon and evening. Bite slow: got 5 channels with biggest 6.5#. Road to spillway still closed, but all construction equipment seems to be gone, so expect road will soon be open.

Trying to sell house and get new one hasn't left me enough time for important things such as fishing!

Tomh

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a nice trip, congrats on getting out there on the water and good luck with your next outing.

3. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Tom,

A friend with a pontoon has asked me to go up to Dillion and drift awhile today-I'll let you know how we do.I did hear that the bite was a little slow.Bow season is in and the fall Crappie bite should start soon-is this a great time of year or what.Good fishing and be safe.

Ben

4. tomh

tomh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hi Ben,

Been too busy with house selling and looking for a new one to fish this past week. May get out coming week. Thanks for your posts. Do you know if ,as of today 10/5, if the road to spillway is open?

Talked to Jasper lately?

Tom

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Tom, I drove up and fished the spillway last week. The orange fence and the barricades were still there but the "closed" section was moved out of the way. There were others fishing the spillway when I arrived. Don't know if the rangers did that or the other fishermen. But no one ran us out.