Dillon spillway

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by MRFLATHEAD, Mar 11, 2007.

1. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

any shad at dillon spillway yet ?

2. joadb

joadb New Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    if you need any ive got bags of em-they have been frozen for a couple of months but they might work til you catch some.

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Last time I checked they weren't back up in there yet. They finally slowed the flow down so they should be coming back up in before long. It has been flowing real hard lately. I had pretty good luck in the pool down below the spillway all winter long. No huge shad but quite a few small ones.

4. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

any shad in the pool below right now

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Last time I tried for them I only got a few. But alot of it was froze. I can't swear to it but you should be able to get some down there.

6. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i was at the spillway today there isnt nothing
    ....but i did manage to get a few channels on the dead shad alond the bank of the pond with the guts

7. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

might come over the weekend do a little channel cat fishing and get some shad keep me posted guys

8. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    there wasnt any shad along that area at all yesterday we was useing the guts of the dead shad laying along the banks and the channles where hit it like crazy but i'll be there sometime this week i'll let you know if anything pops up

9. Memphis

Memphis New Member

State:
    Ohio
    get after them shad!:cool2:

10. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I might try to slide out one night this week and see if there is any shad to be had. Will let you know if I find any.

11. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    The shad seem to be pretty scarce below the spillway this week. Tried last night and the night before only managed about 6 small ones. There is a mess of small gills in there right now. lol.

12. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

hey thank you keep me posted if you would

13. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jim I tried out at Ellis on tuesday and found no shad. All I caught out there was lots of baby channels, and they are hard to get out of a castnet lol.

14. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    I wish someone would yell out that they caught at least something off a rod soon at least

15. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    The spillway has been really cranking all week. The lake was up 20 feet above normal at the beginning of the week. Hopeful we can get a break from this rain so I can go wet a line. Might try to run out tomm. night and see if there are any shad below the spillway. The way it has been cranking it probably blew them clear down to the y-bridge though.lol.

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have been reading alot about you guys trying to get shad early in the year. i get alot of shad throw-netting in irrigation ponds (ponds on farm land) that the river floods in year to year. seems to be productive when its hard to get em anywhere else.

17. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Found a bunch a medium and small shad down below the spillway last saturday. Couldn't find them up in the spillway itself but it was running a little swift.

18. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I tried out at the spillway Tuesday with no luck

19. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It all has to do with the pigment in their scales. When the water gets to cold they disappear. Oh they are still there you just cant see them.:big_smile: