Dillon Shad

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrollo, Aug 9, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Last two times I have been to the spillway in the last two weeks have been a disappointment! Plenty of gills, drum, everything else. But them big cutter shad haven't been in there or below the wall. A bunch of 2-3inchers. Anyone been there and having the same problem? Hope they move back in there before long! rollo

2. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know in the lake itself those li'l ones have been raising hell breaking the water.... haven't' seen or heard of anyone getting anything of decent size out of the lake or the spillway lately, tho...

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck Rollo. Here at the lake their huge! Kinda like to catch some smaller ones.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wat do you want shad for Jason? You planning on joining the ranks of cut bait flathead fishermen?:big_smile::big_smile:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If ya can't beat em, join em!:roll_eyes::smile2::wink: rollo

6. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    depending on where you are going fishin follow the muskingum down to any set of locks seem the get stuck in the locks and canal we have been doin decent in quantity not much for size but shad is shad
    oh by the way i can cast off more shad heads than we have is there a damn secret to keeping them hooked up ???
    sorry to steal on your post

7. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I have found that sticking them near the eyes, in the upper part of the head is a more solid hook-up. Basically, between the eyes and the gills.