Dillon Lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrollo, Apr 17, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    can anyone give me any info on where to go for them big channel cats? and does anyone run up into the river above the lake?

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    You won't believe me, but drift the middle of the lake. I am serious. I would run up the right side of the lake to the tunnel (on right) and drift back with cut shad and bluegill. Or follow the road up through the back water. I would say they are starting to move and would target 8-10 feet of water.

You need to get TSpergin's input. He knows that lake cold!

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have heard of guys drifting that lake for channels, i never imagined the middle of the lake...? you would think 20 -40 yrds, off the banks. i will try it though.:lol: i know there are some good fish in there. i used to see 50 plus pound stringers come out of there in local tourneys on mostly channels. have to give her a try!

4. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Yep what Shawn said, right down the middle. Might find them up in the shallows by the beach here before long if the water warms up. You should have no problem running up the river above the lake. Somehow or another them there bass guys run 250 hp up in there. Guessing they know where the channel is. Every once in awhile some moron trying to show off a big bayliner will get stuck in the mud trying to get thru there. Provides a good laugh when you are bank fishing. lol.

5. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Call me whenever you want to go. That is a great daytime trip. I have caught 30+ fish in an afternoon (noon-4) in mid summer. Great lake to catch numbers.

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I'm heading to Dillon tomorrow around noon. Gonna pick up tspergin and try our luck drifting. I also spoke with jason454ci and doughboy who will be coming out around 1pm. So how about let's get some more boats and fisherman out there tomorrow!

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i fished tonight... and have to talk to the wife! there it hurts, but im honest, and it kills me to write this. i will let you know if i can.

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I went fishing yesterday otherwise I would be up for it and my oldest has baseball practice. Even if I did go I dont think I could do anything but watch after pulling a muscle.

9. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    I feel your pain! I doubt if I will even ask! LOL!