Dillon lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by MRFLATHEAD, Dec 28, 2006.

1. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

anyone put me in a good spot to catch some nice channel cats . dieing to get out im off till jan 2nd

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    you boat fishing or bank fishing

3. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

im a bank fisherman right now

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ive only fished Dillon 1 time so Im not much help but from what i know, bankfishing at Dillon can be tough since so much of the lake doesnt have any access to it from the shore. Might try the bluff area just to the Left of the Beach area, I know there is some deep water there, just dont know how to get to it. Perhaps parking by the beach and heading "left" on some trails a ways.
    Salmonid

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Stick with Tony, Jim he knows more about that lake than the guys that built it! :cool2:

6. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    never fished there but i don't think that i would fish in this cold weather anyway. but good luck

7. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    PM sent Jim check your PM's

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    You found the person to ask Jim, Tony is the ace on Dillon channels. Did you get out, catch any?

Tony, with this pleasant wheather are they acting different this year?
    After the Ohio State- Fla game my off days will be free. I'd be up for some channel action if you want to show me how its done. Your boat or mine. Especially if its over 50 degrees lol.

9. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

any you guys want to go let me know few days ahead ill go

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Tony, have you been out in Jan.? If so where can the Channels be found this time of year?

I also need to pick your brain about spring flatheads. Do they go after the spawning Crappies or do they head for the Dam in April and May? I haven't had any luck finding them in the spring, and I've been both places. Shallow, (crappie) and deep, (dam).

11. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    well....i haven't had no luck in the river and i dont know a thing about dillon but im always willing to try my luck no matter the weather if you do any good there let me know im not far from there i might get up there over the weekend and try to get some shad i could bring a pole and try

12. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Havnt had a chance to get out yet this month,I would be fishing the point to the left from the 146 ramp and in the dam area right now ,it is always good in the winter