Dillon Fri 4/23 - No shad below the spillway

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tomh, Apr 25, 2009.

1. tomh

tomh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No shad below spillway and got none in lake, so drifted with shrimp. No luck for four drifts of an hour or so each. Tried 6-8', 10'12, 16-18', and finally in 20-24'.

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Glad ya got out Tom. The bite will pick up soon and hope you have much success!

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Glad to see ya got back down here Tom. Don't know why the cats are being so finicky on Dillon this spring.

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Spillway was high yesterday, but there were good sized shad running along the walls.

5. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Tom,
    I'm going to try the Crappie thing tomorrow morning-I'll let ya know how I do.I was at Big Run ramp-didn't put in-just got the boat inspected by MR.Butts,the water patrol guy.He is a good guy-so I'm set ,got my sticker on for the year,now hopefully it won't be long before I can slime up the floor of the old boat.I talked with the S-man-we are probably going to do the river thing for flatties.I'm looking foward to gaining some pointers.I got a decent handle on Channels at Dillon but I'm a little short on catching big fish on a regular basis. Crappies will serve as a fix till those fish with skin get after it.Good fishing and be safe.

6. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well TomH-Crappie report.I probably caught 30-35 and kept 17-all were 9 - 10 inches or better.Had three over 12.Pretty nice fish.I started about 7:15AM and quit about 10AM.Wind really got up.Water surface temp was 65-so things are getting close-never seen any shad.I did hook a big fish I was sure was a channel but he wrapped me in the tree I was fishing in and escaped.Later my friend-good fishing and be safe.

7. tomh

tomh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    HI Ben,

Been to Dillon twice this spring. No luck either time. Being a 65 mile trip ,instead of 12 when I lived near Frazeysburg, I won't get to Dillon so often this year. Plan to concentrate on Hoover, 16 miles, or Griggs , 5 miles, here in Columbus area. New lakes to learn!!

I have your phone number and will call next time I plan Dillon trip. Good luck with the crappies and hooking up with S-man.

Tom

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    anyone been to the spillway lately? are there any shad in there to be caught?

9. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    any spillway reports?? I looked at the 10 day forcast......lows in the low 50's....looks like im gonna need the longjohns.....

10. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    if anyone cares to know, shad is stacked up below the spillway right now....only takes a couple throws to get a few dozen 6-10" gizzards.