Dillon fishing 4/17

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ryang, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well I went to the Dam and tried to get some shad, I was actually able to get that cast net going real good but no shad LOL, so I hit the gas station for some night crawlers and hit the back waters. Put crawlers on and my son and his friend were on one side I was kind of in the middle and my youngest was on the other side. Pretty much got a ton of hits but no takers then my sons friend caught a bluegill which I cut up and put on my two.

Then low and behold Jason454 shows up with Josh and he has got shad I was like WTF LOL but he hit a little lower in the dam (he told me to go there also LOL but nooooo I dont listen very well). I left about 9:15 ish and he and Josh were still out there. So I dont know what has happened since I left but they probably have caught the motherload of channels LOL.

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Sorry to hear of your slim pickens today. Sounds like a typical day on the Scioto with live bait.

3. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    well at least you got out, i had to get the boat out of storage area today, had a break in the other nite, they stole an outdrive off 1 boat, got into mine but nothing missing, i guess the 115 evinrude looked a lil too heavy to carry off lol, oh well better luck next time gary, at least the kids had fun

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Glad you got out Gary. Handling that net pretty good now. With the high water I've been getting shad out of the lower pond area.

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    It was good to wet a line with ya for a little bit last night Gary. Josh got a decent 8Lb channel and I ended up with a 4 lb channel and a 8 lb carp on cut shad. lol.