Dillon 7/26

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ryang, Jul 26, 2008.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well I took the boys and my brother in law to Dillon to fish the Dam. Little did I know that yes you cannot get back to the Spillway unless you go all the way across the Dam and walk down the hill. I would have done it but with both boys I didnt want to risk it. So I thought that hey Ill go down the road where I was shown by some members and fish there (it was about 5 oclock) all the spots exept for the last spot was filled and the last spot seemed pretty shallow.

Since my brother in law had never fished the Dam and still didnt get to I headed for the beach area, well there was a decent amount of families there but then we saw a "ramp" to take your kayak or canoe down. We went down there. There was a large open area to fish so I thought why not.

Let me tell you the boys had a blast they caught a ton of Bluegills I used some as bait but let most of them go. I know that Ill go there again when I want to catch bait it was great.

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    well at least you have a new resource for bait.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Gary, just a reminder.. im only another 15 minutes from Dillon, you are still invited to go, and the boys anytime... I would like to take you out on the boat esp. after some daytime channels, the boys would have a blast! rollo

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great family outing and the discovery of a good bait hole, congrats

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Will keep that in mind thanks Jason.

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    You need to take them carp fishing. You and I have discussed hour upon hour of catfish theory but I tell you I truly appreciated the carp fishing. So relaxing and a great fighting fish on light line.... Thanks again.

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    A good outing Gary ... sorry you didn't get some cats ..... Garry-

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Shawn, I may be able to get Jared to go and do it but any type of waiting on fish gets Chris a little peeved LOL, yesterday was perfect for him and Jared since its been awhile that they have caught fish after fish.

I love fishing for Carp I remember watching my Dad do it and I tried sometimes but you are right when you get a good one on its a fun fight.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Not a big deal, I was so busy taking the gills off of Chris hook that I really could spend too much time on my own anyways. I had a couple of heads out and got some decent hits but I think they were turtles since I saw some around.

10. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    great outing good going rick