Dillion 4/20/08

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cats gone wild, Apr 20, 2008.

1. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I went to Dillion spillway to catch some shad for a trip to the Muskingum this morning where I ran into Fishook( thank's for grabbing my trailer strap) who was there also to get some bait to drift Dillion with Ramrod. Ramrod showed up a little later, by that time we had enough bait so we were getting ready to leave when the Watercraft Officer showed up and asked if we wanted our saftey inspections.:embarassed: Right there I new I was in trouble because my registration sticker had expired. The officer told me I could not take my boat on the water:angry:, so Ramrod was kind enough to invite me to go drift Dillion on his boat. I had never fished for cats at Dillion so this was going to be a new experience. I'm glad things turned out the way they did, I landed our second fish of the day, a personal best 13.4 lb. channel. Before I had to leave we caught a total of eight fish and lost I think three. I can't thank Ramrod enough for great day of fishing on Dillion. If you have never drifted Dillion for channels you have to give it a try, it was a blast! The water temp at Dillion was between 65 and 67 degrees. Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    did you have to kiss it? LOL....good job guys... are the shad thick in the spillway yet? rollo

3. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    The water was coming out pretty strong and I was'nt getting any shad out of the spillway so I went down the hill to the river in slower current. About every other throw I was getting a net full of shad, bluegill, and sheephead. Also got a few nice largemouth.

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Nice Going Phil ..... I hope you didn't kiss your wife when you got home .... YUK! .... Fish Slime on her lips .... LOL ..... :smile2::wink: Garry-

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks phil. i need to go get some soon... was wondering if they were in there thick yet or not...rollo

6. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    She has'nt kissed me since I've been home.

7. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had a blast fishing with you Phil. We'll definitely have to get together and do it again. It was great seeing the look on your face when you seen that fish surface. Thanks again for being a guest on the boat, and I'm glad that I was able to share the experience of catching your personal best channel cat.:wink:

8. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey RamRod LOL don't worry about any other water BUT Dillon this year!!! NO BUCKEYE!!! WATER IS DIRTY!!! NO BIG FISH!!!:smile2: :eek:oooh: rollo

10. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What's your point?

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    FISH DILLON!!! LOL:smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's a shame a person can't just give another member an atta boy without having to criticize and take a man's thread to a different direction.:angry:

:worship::worship::worship: I'm sorry Rollo, oh mighty of all fisherman gods out there that can catch way bigger and better fish, the know all of all things knowing, the done all of all things doing, the seen it all of all things seeing more than anyone else on this site or world for that matter. Undoubtedly you have got what it takes and what it takes to get there. I can't give you enough praise on the wealth of knowledge you have and you know every secret spot known to man. You have the gift of being able to weigh fish with a single piece of rope. You are truly the messiah of all waters. If I missed anything please forgive me because I want you to be on the highest pedestal that I can put you on, for you deserve it oh mighty one! Now I truly understand why Skip is your follower!:worship::worship::worship:

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I cant say anything but thank you!!!!! im slapping myself on the back now being you aren't here!!!LOL...J/K :smile2::smile2::smile2::wink: rollo

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well RamRod, I can see now that you can't take what you like to talk! I sent you a couple emails to tell you I was only poking you up from another thread,,, NOT fair to post me on an OPEN board to be WHO YOU claim I am!!! You are far from that one bro!!!. Maybe so far, that we ain't gonna see the same waters this year due to my HONEST opinion! I posted my facts from another thread ., and was only poking fun saying not to go to buckeye etc, thinking you can take the humor...... I don't like the post making me sound like I " THINK" who I am! I'm a member here that puts my opinion in on different subjects, and if those like it..fine ...if not....fine........ but am not conceded or think I know all!!!!.rollo:wink:

15. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great luck Pholl! I have been trying to beat my pb of a 12# channel for 18 years.. You know that that is as good as a 44 pound flat don't you?:cool2::crazy::big_smile:

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

I swear, I wrote Phil not Pholl ! ....................:confused2::roll_eyes::eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

17. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I can take anything I dish out! This thread was all about Phil and his personal best. It's to give him the prestige he deserves for attaing that goal. Not a thread to start cutting on people, hell I could care less what you say to me on other threads but just don't take another man's thread away from him. Let him enjoy the atta boy's from everyone. I guess you missed my point in post #10...LOL! I won't get into anything else in this thread.

Once again, sorry Phil!

18. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Congrats Phill, looks like a great morning of fishing. Now get that sticker lol.

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I said congrats to you guys and meant nothing negative towards you, by remarking towards a previous thread johnney, sorry you feel that strong towards me though!....Sent Phil a pm.. And once again congrats on the big channel! I don't bust threads up ......., and understand ramrods discomfort... sorry for the inconvenience, By joke, By accident...Rollo

20. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Nice Personal Best Channel Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!