Dillion 3/09/09

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shad Man, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Well Guys I went out to Dillon today to see if I could catch my first 2009 catfish and a few shad but I got skunked. I tried the spillway and the lake and never got a hit. Well at least I gave it a try.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Were you able to get any shad at the spillway, we tried Saturday and didnt get any. Good going that you got out tho I wish I won the lottery so I could not work and fish when I wanted LOL.

3. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I didn't get any shad either. Sometimes I go down there and I can fill a bucket up in minutes and sometimes I go down there and trow for half an hour and catch nothing (like today). I wish I would have kept some in the freezer from last year but I used them up on my trapline last fall.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't get discouraged brother, the fish are coming. Once you guys get a good warm up they will be biting like crazy

5. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Yeah we need about a week of good warm weather to turn them on.

6. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Sorry to hear you got skunked Justin. Was at Dillon today and the channels are really putting the feed on. Bellies are just swollen on them. Eatting up all the winter kill. temps are suppose to start falling again tonight. The season is starting and I'm ready... Come on warmer days...