Dilemma

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gargoil77, May 9, 2006.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I recieved a phone call today asking what I was doing this coming Saturday. I have a catfish tournament to go to. The guy that called me asked me if I wanted to go to the Indy time trials and sit in a suite, eat and drink all I want, pit passes, meet all the drivers and get a free steak dinner at a place called St. Elmo's in downtown Indianapolis. All for free. I'm not much of a race fan but this seems like a once in a lifetime deal. I might even be able to get Danica's phone number. But I have this tournament to do.
    What would ya'll do?

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Mark! What are you thinking, Don't you love catfishing! Yea I do to. Go to the time trails and have a good time!:wink:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I love catfishing too,but thats a once in a lifetime opportunity,GO!!!!!

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Im not much of race fan either, but I think I'd jump all over that... Always good to have new experiences.. That is, unless you've already made a commitment to a Fishing partner for the Tourney... I wouldnt leave him/her hanging if you have.
    If you were fishing solo in the tourney, I'd pick the time trials.. The Fish will be there next week end, the time trials won't...

5. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    First off how come its always the people that don't like it that get to do it, and second thats a very hard choice, like it was said previous always more tourneys, but don't leave your partner hanging let them decide for ya. If you do go have fun anyways.

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    go to indy, Mark, go to indy - them cats will be waiting when you get back

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i would go fishing

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mark, are you leaving any body hanging? If you have given you word to a fishing partner or otherwise made an obligation. You should be asking that person not us.
    If it is just you, entered in to a weekend tournament,and your absents will only improve other peoples odds of winning ,then go to the races by all means. This is not a dilemma,just do the right thing. :smile2:

9. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I am obligated to fish, but if I find someone to take my place and I pay for it, then I still get what they catch towards my total weight. So that will work out good.
    I think I'll go to Indy. I'm not driving so I won't be checking out Marion Co. Hilton. I have to behave so my alcohol intake will be limited. I wouldn't want to be responsible for messing up an account for the major tool company that invited the guys that invited me.

10. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Well My 2 Cents Worth Is This, I Have To Work On Cars All Week, So The Less Of Them I See On The Weekends The Better. I Get Way More Peace & Solitude Out Fishing. There May Be Alot Of People @ The Tourney But Not Compared To The Time Trials, I'm Not A Fan Of Crowds Either GO FISHING !!!!

11. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Go meet :beauty: Danica :sweet_kiss: LOL.

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im with Fatkat on this I would love to meet Danica:beauty:

13. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I would go fishing. Check the weather forecast, this might help in choosing what to do.

14. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Well change of plans now. Danica called me and said her husband was going to be there so her and I couldn't go out after the race. She said that she was really looking forward meeting me and maybe starting a relationship with me. So now I'm fishing in the tournament. Maybe next year.

15. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Maybe you can get her husband to take your place in the tournament. :roll_eyes:

16. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Good thinking Fatcat! Let me call him and see.

17. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Mark, you get any offers like that for the Brickyard 400, call me, I'll take your place in the "Box" so you can fish.