Dilemma

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ryang, Apr 6, 2006.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ok I have a question for all of you that know how to sell stuff or do things to bring in extra cash. Im going thru some crappy times as some of you know everything is starting to break at once and need to find some ways to come up with some money. Right now Im thinking of getting a second job for about 5-6 hours a night doing stock or something but that would put me out of the house and not being able to do really anything which would stink. Im not asking for handouts or anything like that I want do something but Im at a loss or under too much stress trying to figure something out. If you have some ideas I would appreciate it. Mods if you feel the need to remove I understand.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    The one thing I do have that I know I can get rid of is a bunch of Comic books but I need to get them cataloged so I can do that. I think that will be my weekend project. If I can even get 1/3 what there really worth Ill be good to go. Right now thats the only thing I think might work.

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    comics sell real good on ebay good luck

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

Gary, Mutt has the right idea...look around the house - everything will sell on ebay....i do a little, and i would do a lot if i didn't have the shop. hang in there buddy - this is a temporary situation

5. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Hey Gary check out a book by Dave Ramsey it really helped me.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Sell a kidney! LOL! Good luck to ya!

7. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hope things turn around for ya man, I'm kinda down right now too, but it'll be alright.
    Before ya put up anything on e-bay I always go there and see how the things I want to sale are doing. Try different ways of looking up listings. Like : jon boat then type in john boat then type in alumium boat, misspell stuff too, Then you will have an idea of what ya got is going for.
    I used to sell dirtbike parts and dirtbikes on there and did pretty good. Thing is I bought more than I sold.

8. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i would think the navy pension thing would be a pretty good side job along with a regular day job . i make and sell rustic furniture and do other side jobs on the weekends.it pays for my hobby.

9. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    by the way i hope your back in the black and up and runnin soon . may God bless any venture you pursue.

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Slab I retired from the reserves so I wont get pension until Im 60 :confused:

11. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    ryang,
    A buddy of mine works at a new car dealers on a call basis,driving cars to customers,auctions,and other dealerships.
    Works an adverage of three days a week for as little as two hours to four hours a trip. It is usually a set price for driving, not hourly. He knocks down about $100.00 a week this way. You might look into something like that in your area.
    :0a26:
    BILL

12. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Just up until last year, I made it known to a few of my neighbors that Id cut there grass reasonable 1 or 2 times a week, and I had many offers jumping on that bandwagon, Id get 25 bucks for a 1/2 lot, and could crank it out with my riding mower in about 45 minutes, I did 2 of these and it really helped with "gas" money durring the week. Not sure where you are at and the local regs on such but I do a little guiding on my local streams for smallies, carp, gar and trout ( flyrod mostly) but I do a handful of trips a year and it really helps out, I made about 2500 bucks last year so selling your soul and pimping out your skills will work, just have to get the word out. The garage sale idea works well too. Been there, done that!
    Good luck my brother!!
    Salmonid

13. Slimkat

Slimkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Coins And Cards (yugio/pokemon) Sell Really Good On Ebey.

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah cutting grass is a great way to make some extra cash. When in full stride I sometimes make more cutting grass than I do at my normal job. And like everyone else has said you can make some good money on ebay. Crazy how much some people will pay for stuff.

15. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hang in there Mate!
    Tough times don't last forever. Your break is coming around the corner.
    thanks
    Larry

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gary:
    I know exactly what you are going thru. My husband was catasrophically injured work for the railroad 2 years ago and due to the surgeries involved can no longer work,I'm unable to work as I have to take him to the doctor frequently and our oldest daughter has some problems. I have recently been introduced to a wellness program that sounds very promising. If you so desire the person(who by the way is a preacher and is honest to the bone) has been with this program for 8 years now and he says it's the most wonderful thing other than preaching that he has ever tried. If you would like you may contact me with your email and phone # and we can 3 way conference call you. There is absolutely no pressure,just a friendly hand who would like to help. Being in the same boat as you are I understand only too well. Until then may God Bless you and keep you and your family in the Hollow of His Hands.You will be in my prayers. Very Sincerely, Pat Powell.
    Moderators I too understand if you feel you must delete this I was trying to see if I could help in anyway.