Digits:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jul 27, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have always hated math. Numbers, equations and Cosines scare the bejohosepahat out of me. There have been only two courses that have left me scared to death in my education. One is speech class and two is anything to do with math. With math. the only numbers I am concerned about are that the bottom of the check book totals at least equals what money I put in. In college, physics was a required course to get in Vet School. I took it the last quarter of the last year before I applied to Vet School. I beat an F by 4 points- ergo I went to Vet School and not McDonald's.

I have a lot of trouble with more than 3 digits in a row. In fact the best digit I understand is a one-fingered digit. Let me give you a list of names with their digits and see if you can tell me the significance of them. I am only assuming here that I have interpreted this data correctly. If not I apologize and it means I am a screw-up.

Catpaw (56), Kittycatcher (135), Ooks (203), Dafin (22), Spoonfish (147), tspergin (78), trippclwn (61), CJ21 (433), Peewee Williams (160), Dademoss (6), TopSgtLawrence (43), Eithne (325), Mark J.(15), Whistler (9), Deerhunter (04).

That is enough, if I continue my supper gets cold and my beer gets warm. Anybody above the digits 5065 tell me what I have just shown you and what if anything it means to you.

Postbeetle

2. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    I could tell you what they are. As far as significance, there is very little in the numbers. The people they represent are always significant. The first couple thousand numbers (and probably more) are entirely coincidental. If anything, it is the higher numbers that have meaning. On the other hand, growth is not just measured by a number in this brotherhood.

I'm not sure if that confirms your interpretation or not. And while I may have given away the answer, it's just as likely that I confused everyone further. Either way, I wanted to post despite being 325. I'm not always as invisible as some may have thought. :wink:

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I'd answer, but Im under 500

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yall want to let us dummies know what your talkin bout I'm waitin on the answer ,cause I aint got a darn clue:embarassed:

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think that a very philosophical number/concept is zero.:confused2:

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I'm with Richard on this one...No clue???:crazy::eek:oooh::roll_eyes::confused2::tounge_out::cool2::smile2:

7. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I have really racked my brain, and the only thing I can think of is...maybe it's the amount of times they were caught parked illegally? Danged if I know!

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I know, and John, you are 11747...............what a long way to come in such a short time.........Keep going. They'll get it.

Kris,
    You baffled 'em good with that !

Y'all will figure it out, if you think about it. :big_smile:

9. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Apparently few know their numbers. Or perhaps many do, for those if you who don't.

When you log, if a member, the main screen comes up. If you then scroll down to the bottom it will indicate members currently viewing. Something like 3 members and 2 billion guests. Place your cursor over your intelligent screen name and leave it there. Now clear down at the bottom you will see a bunch of geek, gobbledegook computer type text. At the end of that text is a set of digits. Mine is 11747. Yours will be whatever. That number indicates your membership number on joining. You can ascertain other members numbers by placing your cursor on them and then looking below.

Now for all the contaminated tea in China question what is that worth? To me it indicates that you might be dealing with a Greybeard. I know not the history of BOC, I have only been a member for 5 months. A number that is low i.e. 05, 25, 325 means they have been here from the get-go. Like watching water flow by you on a riverbank they have seen so many words go by the volume would choke a horse. If they answer a post of mine or contribute to you I am impressed. If you think your post is worth something I will guarantee they have seen it a hundred times before, and if they answer politely and give you advice they do it out of respect for you and this organization. (Some of them are senile, or are trying to get to 10,000 posts ya gotta be a little careful here.) 8 moderators view every word posted, and with the membership here and the ability of most to yap to high heaven, including me, you can imagine what they have to consider.
    They are the game wardens of this preserve. They keep us civil, weed out the crazies and there are a lot on the internet, entertain us and try and sell us stinkbait. So with all the digits here on this forum I salute you greybeard's. John

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    But those numbers are also misleading in the history of the BOC.
    Those numbers represent just this site.
    There have been several board changes over the years.

I may have been the 15th signed up on this site but that was because I was Beta testing the site. I think there were about 20 of us allowed to come over and "play" for a little while before the door was opened.
    On the old site, I wasn't 15. I was way down at the crumb end of the line.:smile2:

11. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Technical, technical, you're always so technical MarkJ

12. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    14822 HERE man i got here late lol

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    John,

As Mark said, there were other boards prior to this one and about the only thing I use my member number for, is referring new members. Perhaps that is the true nature of the number, for our use in recruiting new members?

Glad you are home.
    Cheryl

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Well John I'm 4407, You knew there would be an 07 in there somewhere:eek:oooh::smile2:.

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Correct, I didn't know mine... reason... I never see it. Only works if your Status Bar is in service. I normally never run the Status Bar for it takes up room on the screen to display info that I have no interest. :roll_eyes:

Now I know my number. How have I got by all this time not knowing my number. :eek:oooh:

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dayton, you just have to get out of the house more often...:smile2: