Digitial Cameras

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TeamCatHazzard, Mar 22, 2006.

1. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Everybody, I am thinking about buying a digital camera sometime within the next few months to take fishin and huntin pics with. I was just wondering if anybody knew much about them and could help me out or if you recommend any particular models. I know more mexapixels is good, but require more memory and the more optical zoom you have the better. I have researched a little but was just wondering if anybody else had any info that they could help me out with. Thanks a lot!

2. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Well it seems that you have the very basics down already. Both statements about megapixels and optical zoom are very correct. Personally I am using an olympus camedia c-770 ultra zoom. It has 4 mega pixel and 10x optical zoom. If you need to get close up this camera I believe is one of the best. The only complaints that I have is it's ability to get a focus in very low light and the battery life (rechargable) is a little too short. I have bought some extra batteries to make up for this.

Hope this helps

:grin-big:

3. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I purchased a Fuji not too long ago, it has been a great camera and the pictures are great, very crisp, clean and clear. My only complaint about it, is that the slight pause it has when you press the button to the time it snaps the shot.

chris

4. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I have a Sony DSC 717. It's a great camera but very bulky. I'm going to downgrade to something smaller and cheaper to take fishing w/ me. If you want to take pics of something in the distance then the zoom is what you need to pay attention to. But just to take picks of up close fish then you can get a cheaper camera. I would suggest a fuji or sony w/ three or four MPEG.

5. BlueZeus

BlueZeus New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a Sony DSC-P200 digital camera. This is an excellent camera that produces very nice images including 8 x 10 if desired. This camera is a 7.2 mega pixel. This camera is also compact especially compared to other models of less quality and performance. This camera runs in the area of $265-$299. If you are looking for a nice camera able to take clear photos including 8 x 10's for those (Trophy pictures) then I would reccomend looking at this particular model. I have no complaints in the year I've used mine.

6. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I just got a new camera for taking pics of my fish. It's called my cell phone.....lol...., you can tell I'm not really much for taking pics. I found one that I liked but will not spend 800 bucks for it.

7. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the info so far guys. Yea I want a small one too. I dont want one of those that has like 10x optical zoom (the professional looking cameras) because I think they are too bulky. Something along the lines of a 6-7 megapixel I think is what I am looking into. Just gotta do a little shopping and see how much the pocket book is willing to depart with. Thanks for the info so far though guys!

8. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i have had an hp 315 for years n it has done ok even though its only like 2.5 mp. only thing i dont like about those point n shoot digitals is just that, point n shoot n no way to set shutter speed or fstop. thus i get pictures like my avatar, actually thats a 10 lb yellow cat and a 5 lb channel, but doesnt look like it in the pic. now if i had bucks to spend, i would get the canon eos digital slr. very nice!

9. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    pixals are great but be sure to check processor speeds, time between shots and start up time.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been using an Olympus 2 mega pixel camera for a few years now..Very easy to use, and takes great night shots.

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    for the money you cant go wrong with either a 4.0 or 5.0 megapixel. i went ahead and spent the extra $25 for a 5.0. you really cant tell a difference in the 4 and the 5 until you start zooming in on photos. i paid $175 for my kodak easyshare 5.0, it takes unbeleivable pictures! it also records short videos too.however, i dropped it and its out for warranty repairs and wont get it back for another 3-4 weeks. below are pics from my camera and my freinds kodak, same camera just his is a 4.0. pics dont do the camera justice, it was kind of a gloomy day except for that little period where he took a pic of me.

Attached Files:

12. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    BTW, as far as zoom's go, try to get at least a 3x OPTICAL zoom. the digital zooms tend to blur the pics. also i forgot to add that the pic of me (in black) was zoomed and cropped due to my freinds bad camera skills, its a little grainy because of it.:D

13. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey Dink take that camera back to the shop man, its destortin' your pictures. I thought I saw a crappie there and not a catfish :confused: ......... LOL

14. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we were out bait-fishing dude:D