Digital scales

Discussion in 'Fishing Weighing Scales' started by derbycitycatman, Mar 18, 2006.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Anybody using the rapala 50lb digital scales and/or the berkely 50lb digital scales. From what Ive read the berkley is pretty nice but would like some opinions on the rapala as well. BPS has the berkley for 17 and the rapala at 15. I got a early 25$ gift card and am trying to decide between the two. Will also get some octopus circles and maybe some weights for Ohio River cats if anybody has any suggestions.

2. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I have used the Rapala 50# scales now for about 4 years, and it has survived well for the rough treatment it has received.

And at least for the Rapala, a BOC member did some testing a couple of years ago and reported that his scales actually weighed to a bit over 76#'s if I remember right, and then as I recall the test and weight was confirmed by another member.

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I bought a berkley 50# scale about a year ago its been threw alot and still works never put any weights on it to see if its right but its a pretty good scale IMO

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I decided on the Rapala scales they were $3 cheaper. That got me an extra pack of hooks. Also picked up 6pack of 5oz sinkers, 8/0 octupus circle hooks, and 5/0 gama shiner hooks. Im almost ready for some Ohio River monster cats.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sorry I'm slow to respond to this but I bought the Rapala 50# digital scale last spring and it served me well all year. I havn't tried to weigh anything real heavy with it but it is accurate on lighter stuff. I've weighed packages with it for stuff I've sold on ebay so I can get the correct postage weight and when I took the packages to the post office the Rapala scale was correct.