Digital Scales on E-bay

Discussion in 'Fishing Weighing Scales' started by BassMassey, Jan 6, 2009.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I found some fishing/ luggage scales on ebay for $16 ........they're rated for up to 110 lbs.....have a digital reading......w/ a blue lcd screen for viewing at night....says on the page that they retail at $69.99 ......was wondering if anyone knew if they're any good? or if they're junk? There's multiple listings on ebay for the same scale and most of them are from 16-20 bucks w/ free shipping.....all i can judge by is the picture i guess......and they look decent to me

2. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I have a pair, and I would not recommend them..The hook is too small to fit over the loop frame of the net, and my pair started reading only half of the numbers like 3 times after i used them...For example an 8 would look like a 3, and you just could make out what they were saying .They didnt not hold up very well at all. That was my experience with them

3. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i got berkely scales from catfish connection 100 pound they are super nice

4. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Me personally just do not think digital scales are the way to go..I have had numerous pairs, and none of them held up very well...I have had berkely, rapala, the luggage scales, and they all had problems shortly after i got them. And I have heard others say the same thing..If i were you i would get you a pair of lip grippers with a 50 or 60 pound scale in it..They are nice, accurate, and help with holding the fish. And you can weigh the fish only, not the fish and the net, or whatever...I just bought me a pair of cheaper spring scales in case I catch something over 50 pounds and bottom my gripper scales out..And the way things have gone the last few trips thats a BIG IN CASE...LOL..But I love the lip grippers, i wouldnt fish without them anymore.

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i found some nice shimano 100# spring scales for about $20.......I think im gonna go that route......thanks for the input..