Digital picture frames infected with virus

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I thought I read that some of you received one of these during the holidays, so you may want to check out this link to see if you rec. one with a virus.

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/01/digital-picture.html

Hope this prevents someone from getting a virus.

Cheryl

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thanx for the info :roll_eyes:

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Thanks for the info. some friends of mine got these for x-mas also but haven't heard anything from them about any of those problems.

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We got one for Christmas,but it's not the brand in the article. I do have a problem with it how ever. I bought a flash stick and down loaded 200 pics. The frame will only show the first thirty. It says it has enough memory for 50. Still it should play from the stick shouldn't it even if the memory is full right?

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jack, yes it should play from the memory stick. We have a 2 gig stick in ours. It's got 300 pics on it and aint full yet.
    My wife takes care of the frame. she just plugs it in and adjust the setting. It flips through all 300 pics.
    I havent really checked out how it works cause I'm always busy fixing the PC after others get on it.
    I figure if I learn the digital photo frame, then I'll be hounded to fix it when something dont work right. Sometimes its best for me to turn the hat sideways and play dumb. Not sure when I'm playing at times. LOL.
    Anyway, when all else fails, get out the instruction book. It may be you just need to flip a switch or something but it should work right off your card..

6. PrittyKitty

PrittyKitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    those picture frames are awesome... didnt know they could be infected w/ viruses though... guess that gives me a 2nd thought on whether to purchase one or not....