digital camera

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by catfish chaser, May 2, 2009.

1. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Just wondering if anyone knows of a good digital camera for taking pictures after dark. The one I have doesn't work good at all no matter how much light I put around it

2. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Ryan I had a Kodak 2.0 megapixel that was 7 years old and that worked ok now I have a Polaroid 10.0 mp and it has so much crap on it I barely understand how to use it just make sure it has an automatic flash:wink:

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I got a samsung 10.2 works great at night for pictures or video .

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I have a kodak 8 megapixel. It sets the flash automatically if you need it. It takes great night pictures.

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    all my pics are from a kodak easy share 6.1 megapixal, has auto flash and when i'm solo i use the timer to take pics of myself :wink:, also has a nice charging base so its always ready, it also takes video but i haven't messed with that feature yet, also displays the date, my avatar was taken with that camera

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

The one I have takes video too. I,ve used it a couple times,but the night shots weren,t so good in video mode.

7. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I have an Olympus SP-519-UZ 7.1 Megapixel with a 1GB memory card. As others have said with thiers, it also has video mode. I've never tried the video at night but the camera with the flash does real well at night. There are several modes and you can set it to Night Mode to improve the quailty. Not a cheap camera but not the top shelf either. Probably outdated model wise by now.
    I know it eats up AA batteries pretty quickly

8. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    i am looking on ebay for an olympus 720 not sure how it does at night but it's shock proof and waterproof. seems like the perfect fishing camera to me, and i'm sure it takes nice pic's at night after all it's an olympus....justin

9. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I just bought a Nikon D40 and it takes great nightime pics. Wish I'd bought it sooner. The Olympus Stylus 1010 is also a great point and shoot camera that takes decent night pics. Battery lasts forever and it will take a beating and still take great pics.

10. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I use an Olympus camera the camera itself is 3 or maybe 4 years old. I bought off the net straight from Olympus itself with warranty for $ 45 bucks. last year. This camera sets itself no need to play or figure it out the modes ISO balance White Balance meter exposure etc it does all. Takes nice pictures in the dark. If something should happen to it like it fallen in the water or getting damaged wont hurt your pockets as much as haven a $150 camera.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Here is some taken with my Sony H9 in total darkness. Couple after recent hail.

12. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    thats what my wife just bought a month ago, those are real nice and you can actally take pics. under water with them

13. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I've gone through 3 cameras in the past 2 years. All for fishing!

Having a camera will give the opportunity to cherish your catches for a lifetime.

15. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i was wrong, the one the wife has is the olympus stylus 850 sw, with the shock and waterproof feature, its about the size of a pack of smokes and has a 2.5 inch screen

16. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    ya they seem to go for a little more than the 720. do you like it? have you tryed it under water? it's size is nice too can pack it anywhere..justin

17. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i like the size of it, the wife hasn't let me take it out yet, in the directions it says to hold it under water to clean it even, if she ever get tired of it and gets a new one then she'll give the 850 to me, i seem to get all her hand-me-down cameras and cell phones:sad2:

18. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Thanks alot guys for all the camera ideas, time to start shopping around

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    For a good picture in the dark the camera must be able to focus and that takes light. Better cameras use a infrared assist lamp that throws a narrow beam of infrared light so the camera can focus before the flash is fired.

20. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I still prefer me little 35mm camera it takes great pics, simple to use has autoflash for nighttime what more could you want? sure there's a few more steps to the process, but anything worth doing is worth doing right!:dribble: Sure everyone's not going to agree, it's to much hassle with the film, going getting it developed etc,ect, but believe me it is worth it!:0a22: