Digital Camera Review

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by TOPS, Dec 8, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    My wife bought me a new digital camera for my birthday, The reasons I like this camera is 1. it came with its own lithium batteries and charger.
    2. the software has its own re sizer, I can resize the picture as I down load the pictures from the camera.

2. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    I have a sony takes a 3.5'' disc works great for me, even has a mode where i can take a 1 minute video all on a 3.5 disc, bad part is if ya don't have a floppy drive in ur puter it's kinda hard to download pics.. i kinda like the camera this would be the secound one i have bought. gave the last one to my loving mom.

3. hoosier angler

hoosier angler New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, THE real reason you LOVE this camera is because your wife gave it to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Nice camera Top, Got that boat ready to put that camera to use? :p Mac :cool:

5. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I love this digital camera I have. I can put it on a docking station and it charges the lithium battery as well. I highly recommend this camera to anyone! Here's some specs on it:

http://www.photo.net/equipment/hp/r707/

Attached Files:

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    My wife and I recently invested in a digital SLR (single lens reflex) camera. We both enjoy photography and were tired of taking our 35mm film to get processed. after looking for several months We finaly purchased a Olympus E-300 with two lenses. We couldn't be more pleased. This thing takes great pictures. I would recomend this camera to any amature photo buff thats in the market for a DSLR. We have about $1000 in ours and feel that it is a bargan in comparison to other DSLR's.

Here is what we got for our money:
    8 megapixel camera body w/ built in flash
    14-40 mm lens
    40-150 mm zoom lens
    photo printing software
    rechargable battery/charger
    1gb compact flash (memory card) sold seperatly

they just released the E-500 basicaly the same camera as the E-300 but a little bit smaller.

heres a link

http://www.photo.net/equipment/olympus/e500

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i have the olympus c4040 takes great pics

8. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    What I want to know is...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TAKING THOSE PICTURES OF YOUR CAMERAS WITH!

9. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    I have way too many digital cameras. I started out with the less than one megapixel digicams. If you are a point and shoot photographer then a new Canon SD series is great for the money and small enough to pack in your pocket. If you want more manual control over your settings and still be able to take great photos with auto settings try one of the new Canon A series. I just got a new Canon A620 from Dell with discount codes and coupons for $260 shipped and it is is my new favorite camera. I haven't gotten serious enough to spend the cash for a new Digital SLR camera but I did get a chance to use a Nikon D-70 and it was very impressive, although I wouldn't want to throw it in the boat and take it fishing. I seen a photographer (at least she called herself a photographer) with a new Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT that took terrible photos, not the cameras fault though, she was taking closeups with a huge flash and didn't understand why her photos looked terrible, I could have gotten better 4x6 prints from an old Olympus D360L. If you just want 4x6 prints from a camera you carry along on a fishing trip then you can pickup some really nice cameras a few years old on ebay for $50 or less. My pick would be an Olympus D360L or D340. I guess it is all in what you want the camera for. Just picked up a Canon SD110 that takes great photos for $40 because the outer casing had the paint peeling off everywhere, Canon has a recall on this model and will send you a prepaid shipping box and install the new and improved outer case for free. Before you buy an expensive camera I would suggest you rent one for a few days to make sure it is what you want and fits your needs you are going to use the camera for. Just my opinions, digicams and computers are a fun hobby for me right behind flathead fishing. Abu

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I love my olympus digi cam, I cant imagine life or fishing without them anymore!

11. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Grumpy... TopSgt took the photos of his camera box with his izone 300 on January 29th of 2004 without a flash. RamRod took his photos from dcviews.com camera review website. Abu

12. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i have a vivitar vivicam-20 its a cheap 40 buck dig camera from wal-mart. so i can take it fishing or hunting. i pitch it in the tackel box or in the back pack an go if it gets wet or droped well it was only 40 bucks i can replace it cheap, vercise the guys out there with 2 to 6 houndred dollor cameras. i have droped mine an its been wet many times hec it wouldnt work for about 3 weeks this past summer lol but it has worked fine ever since. it will take 32 pics but i can only view them from the computer but so what most of the time if i am takin a pic of something i'll take 2 or 3 so i will have a few to chose from when i go to print

13. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I won't say no more........LOL!!!

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    ABU and Ramrod, you guys are crazy (in a fun way). Yep, I just took a picture of the box my camera came in. It sure was not taken in 2004 :D :D Now Rod snapped the picture and RAN over and camera down!! :D :D ;)

15. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    newatcats you do have a good point there. lol my c-4040 was a grand hasnt been overboard yet. i did have a olumpus d340r nice little camera kinda old and outdated these days it went overboard it was 349 when it was new i do have another 340r also i use that for fishing and such most of the time since it does tak great pics and like you said gets ruined etc no biggie

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I got my first digital right after I got my first computer in 1997. It was a Sony FD-71. I've had several others since then. My newest, 2 years old, is a Sony 717. Wife has a tiny Sony U-20 that's great. Almost forgot, I got a Sony W-1 last year for a pocket camera. I'm what you might call, digital camera poor.
    :D

17. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    TopSgtLawrence.... I looked at the properties of your photos with Jasc. Your camera was probably set to that date when the photos were transferred to your computer. That would be a good use for the timer on RamRods camera, I have used self portrait mode but never seen self camera mode. :D

olefin.... I'm in the same boat as you, digital camera poor. Time to ebay a few of them I don't use before they are worth nothing.
    Abu

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    ABU, I used a memory card from my old camera :D ;)

19. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Probably the best digital camera for on the water is the Pentax Optio. Its water proof without a bulky case. Canon makes a nice one too, but it requires a case. The Optio is loved by kayakfishermen and waders. Its not an SLR. Wish I could afford one, but my little Sony 4.1 megapixel does a fine job and is simple, sorta like me.

20. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I bought a cheap $60 dollar digital camera yesterday for fishing. It's a digital concepts here is a pic that I took with it today. Vern

Attached Files: