Different versions of catfish jugs.

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by ersel, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    We are on the fourth generation of jugs. We started with two liter coke bottles with string tied to the neck. Worked good but hard to store. The next idea was cutting up swimming noodles and running string through them worked great but bigger fish and time were hard on them. The next idea was gluing PVC in the noodle work good they stood up with a fish on but had two fish pull the PVC out. The one we have used for the past three years is 10" of noodle with 20" of PVC gorilla glued in it. We leave 6" out the bottom with the line tied to it and 4" out the top. We grab the PVC on the top and have landed fish up to 36lbs. with no problem. I will post some pics later.

2. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Yep..I saw it and saw where it was posted and still had to click it to see

3. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    seeing how me and ersel fish together, i only have to add that this batch i made i used the fat noodles. seem to have better hook ups??????????? stil doing research

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Why couldn't this topic have been in the high intensity forum! :smile2:

I still use 2 liter jugs. Will probably do so for quite awhile at that. I like tossing night sticks in them and letting them glow as well as shoving some BBs in my jugs so they rattle. Tell tale of when I got a fish on in the middle of the night.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
  6. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    good work guys but i too was disappointed when i got here due to the title:wink::smile2:

7. Smijen

Smijen New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ersel show me yours and I'll show ya mine!

8. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    WHAT SIZE OF NOODLE DO YOU USE:big_smile: