"Different Spiderwire lines"

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by TNVOLCAT, Jan 30, 2006.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey guys, I was wondering if the Spiderwire Fusion and Stealth lines were any better than the original Spiderwire line. I've noticed the Fusion and Stealth are alot cheaper than the Original braid. Thanks in advance!

2. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I tried the fusion once, but I didn't like it. It would wear down pretty good towards your hook and sinker. There would be a lot of weak points. Plus the diameter is a lot thicker than comparable pound test spiderwire.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well I use 65 lb stealth and love it I do use a sinker slide so only knot is at the hook.

4. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I tried the Fusion once. Had a bird nest and while getting it out, the line just came apart. ( Weak Spot ? ) I respooled that evening. I've had nothing but good luck with FireWire. It isn't cheap, but it casts like a dream, especially on a spinning rod, and has a very long live.

5. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I have used stealth for a few years and it's ok for the price. Power pro is better but it can be expensive to fill half a dozzen reels. For casting, I have gone back to using mono. I only use the braids is from a boat or when I have so much line out, I can't feel the bites or set the hook with mono, due to line stretch!

6. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

If I use Spider Wire, it will be the Original Braid. I had nothing but problems with the Stealth, and will never use it again.

Ray

7. clever1977

clever1977 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have used the stealth the last three years and have had no problems it does not dig in on the reel like the braid does and it is a lot better for tieing knots in

8. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i use stealth and fusion never had a issue with either one of em. all my reels and spooled with it one or the other.

9. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've had great luck with the Stealth, it's been replacing the Powerpro on my reels. Tried Fusion a few years back, but I didn't like the way the coating came off with every kink and scrape.

10. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I tried the original but did not like it very well so I switched over to power pro.

11. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    This is my take on spiderwire. First of this year i began using spiderwire. It wasn't long after it wore flat (ribbonlike) and started fuzzing up. The application with the reels i have i need as much line as possible for fishing the mississippi so that meant using braid on abus. After fishing with it half of last year it was as we would say in the south Wor out!

The second half of the year i switched to powerpro. Been fishing with it the last half of the year and its still fairly new. No frays or flattening out so far so i'm impressed. I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought a 1500 yard spool to dress out two christmas presents. If you can bite the bullet and get the big spool it will save you money in the long run. It just cost me a day or two in the dog house.:rolleyes:

12. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the replys guys. I was planning on using Power Pro or Stren Superbraid, but I ran across some of the "original" Spiderwire on clearance at my local Walmart and just had to pick up a couple spools. They were spools of 125 yd. of 50 lb. for $7.00. They had some of the "fusion" and "stealth" cheaper than that, but I decided on the "original" braid and stayed away from them. I'll be using them on my smaller rigs for channel cats. I'm saving up for some 100 lb. P.P. or 80 lb. S.S.B. for my heavy rigs.

13. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    I use both spider wire braid an mono,they both are ecellent.
    The mono is a low memory line and the break test is a little higher than what they rate it at. So if you are using 17lb you will break off at about 19 to 20lbs.
    Loop

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I just tried some of the spiderwire mono and it was so springy I just took it off. Instead I put on Stren Superbraid and am anxious to give it a try. Anybody ever use the superbraid? Its on a small spinning reel for channels and b@ss.

15. ooonnnery

ooonnnery New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    I have used Spider wire, and did not like it , it wore groves in my eyelets on my rods. Use mono only now.

16. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I wouldnt say you would have to use mono only, but i agree that spiderwire doesnt hold up. I would agree with three rivers. Power pro is the way to go.