different baits

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by armyfisher, Aug 24, 2008.

1. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    here my topic i had made some homemade garlic, hotdog, and dogfood sauce which we marrinated in chicken livers which worked great we would get great hits but nothing hooked we used all different hooks from circle to straight, doubles, and trebles but nothing seemed to get um hook or at least good enough. now i am going to say this and i dont care if people think i'm crazy or smart or whatever but the best action we had was on cut sardines. you can usually get um at the grocery store about 6 in a bag frozen. let um thaw out chop um up and let the fun begin. i dont know the exact size of the treble hook but its about the size of a lemon with a weight around the shaft(if your from the area you can pick um up at POLARDS CORNER MART at the five way going to clarks hill), throw the sardine head on there then tie up your line and have fun with the fight. i have heard that squid, tripe work really well but have had no luck, i dont want anyones personal secrets for catching the monsters ya'll got for your profile pics( but if you want you thats up to you:big_smile:). i just want to know if these baits work well for anyone else.:confused2:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    On this site I have heard of everything! so I am surprised by little!

I will say that 90% or more of the BIG CATS reported have been on live or cut bait! Not saying you can't catch of big on your mix, I am just saying what history shows.

Good luck to you brother!

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Try soaking them sardines in garlic oil. Yummy! :big_smile:

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    If ya want to catch a really big one, put a live spotted bass on that big treble and chunk it out there. (spots must be caught on rod and reel to be legal bait). :big_smile:

5. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    Well I will say it ....Ya got me , never heard that one ... i'd have thought one hit and its gone....Sardines seem to soft but that oil in um probably does laydown a great scent trail for the channels and blues.... caught any flats with it ?