difference in flathead catfish and blue catfish

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by flatheadslayer, Oct 12, 2009.

1. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i'm an avid flathead seeker.but i want to start targeting blues as well.my question is,what are the differences in fishing for the two.when do the blues stop biting,dec.,jan.,feb. or do they just keep biting in ga.and what type of water,deep & open, deep with cover,shallow,swift,ect....and live bait or cut bait best?thanx to everyone in advance!:0a23::embarassed:

2. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    They bite all year The best chances of catching a big blue is in the winter in deep water. one of the things about blues that I have found is they chase shad like a stripper does you can find them in a lot of places that you would find stripe.
    Current is the key for the big blues they love it.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Blues also prefer cut bait over live bait. I like fishing the lead edge of a hole as opposed to the middle/trail end. More feeding fish seem to be there

4. catmanoneufala

catmanoneufala New Member

State:
    seale,alabama
    great point eddie... i have also see blues run shad completly out of the water ontop of weeds during the spring... blues rome around alot more than flats..thats the main reason you can catch them just about any where from shallow to the deepest holes on the lake

5. timothy408

timothy408 New Member

State:
    ga
    looking for advise on catfishing