difference between gacria 6500 and 6600

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by nitemare_63, Dec 4, 2008.

1. nitemare_63

nitemare_63 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    what is the difference between the abu garcia baitcaster 6500 and the 6600???? i have did some searching on the web and i find alot of 6600 bcx series and i was wondering what the difference was between the two????

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    The difference is 100. Just subtract 6500 from 6600. Just kidding. I think it has to do with line capacity,bearings,and other stuff. As for the BCX,it's junk. GO for a 6500 c3.

3. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    ABU 6500c3- carbon matrix drag, push button spool release, 3 bearings, made in Sweden.

ABU 6600BCX- multi-disc drag, thumb bar spool release, 4 bearings, made in China.

Those are the main differences I see, oh and around a $30.00 difference in price too.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know people who have had alot of trouble with the bcx series.

If you can get a 6600 that is not a bcx you should be fine.

Other wise I would stick with the 6500

5. nitemare_63

nitemare_63 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i was looking on ebay at new 6500c3 and i found some i was wondering does the color vary cause all i found looked grey or i guess u could call it silver thanks guys for the help

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The basic 6500c3 is silver and gray. Other 6500 series models carry different colors. For instance the 6500 TC is burgundy. The TCCF 'Blue Cat' was blue. There is a 6500 TCCF 'Green Cat' coming out in green. Ive seen lime colors, purples, oranges, reds, greens and blues. They're ALL good! :wink::smile2::wink:
    Bill in SC

7. nitemare_63

nitemare_63 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thanks for the help

8. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    i bought the 6600bcx at walmart then some reading and found that bass pro doesn't carry them and does not plan on it. they are made in china not sweden for a reason most likely cheaper parts. and like it was said for 30.00 more you get a proven reel. by the way i brought the reel back to walmart and went down and got a 6500c3.

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    100:smile2::smile2::smile2: Just haven some fun Bros,I been wanting to put that down since this thread started:smile2::smile2::smile2:;

OH! I want to say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ,To all BOC MEMBERS AND FAMILY.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :wink:Just buy a good Penn then them #'s dont mean nuttin less its like 330gt-209-309????