Dieter's Delight Chicken Packets

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Catgirl, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

These can be made in the oven or on the grill and are also good for camping.
    You can make them in individual packets, but you may need to reduce the cooking time.

Packet #1 (4 servings)
    1/2 cup bottled barbeque sauce (choose something lower in sugar)
    4 (4-oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 green pepper, cut into strips
    1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips (I sometimes sub onions for this)
    4 small baking potatoes or 12 new potatoes, thinly sliced
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Tear off two pieces of foil the size of a cookie sheet. Place one piece of the foil on a cookie sheet. Spoon half of the barbeque sauce on the center of the foil. Layer the chicken, green and red peppers and potatoes on top. Sprinkle with the black pepper. Top with the remaining barbeque sauce. Place the remaining piece of foil on top. Seal edges with double folds.

Bake for 50 minutes. Carefully open the packet and check the chicken for doneness. If the chicken is still pink, close the packet and bake about 5 minutes more or until done.

Packet #2 (4 servings)
    1 cup bottled marinara sauce (choose something lower in sugar)
    4 (4-oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    4-6 small zucchini, sliced
    Lower fat mozzarella cheese

Follow directions above, but reduce baking time to 35-40 minutes; then check and return to oven if necessary. When the packet is done, remove from oven and top with a sprinkling of lower fat mozzarella cheese....either in the foil, or on individual plates. I'm a mushroom lover, so occasionally I will add some when making these. MmmMmm good!

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Who said it was mine? :lol:

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Diet :big_smile:!
    Originally I added "DIETer's does NOT refer to WylieCat" to the recipe title, but I thought it would be more fun to see your response, so I removed it :wink:. Now you KNOW that your name is pronounced like an ingredient in bug repellent and NOT with a long I :lol:. These are both good eats though, so try 'em.........if you wanna call 'em yours after that, feel free :smile2:.