The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Premium Member
Notice he is by himself. Hummmm

haha

Registered
Sounds like a good plan GP. When a cat decides to eat he will eat about anything. But I think does prefer some things over others. And I have watched Bass and panfish do what I consider a reaction bite. I would think catfish would do the same. Now I have nothing against worms or chicken liver for channels but I have had good success with cut gills, shad ,,,,,fish. I generally cut a piece about the size of a little finger. Maybe bigger minnow size. Leave a lot of hook exposed. Now you are bank fishing and I am boat fishing,,,,usually drifting or trolling while dragging baits.

tight lines

I too have not had any luck with strawberry/cherry chicken, but i do believe mid summer through fall, when the river is full of live bait fish, giving the fish something a bit different could b what triggers a bite. Kind of like after finishing 2nd plate at thanksiving, you probably not hungry for more turkey/potatoes, but a piece of pie w/whipped cream cannot be turned down.

Premium Member
If done just right it is excellent to fish with. I much prefer fried. Just don't throw the bones in the water. yum yum

Registered
OkC Oklahoma
Ok. Here鈥檚 one that I have yet to see on USCA:
Has anyone ever used beef tongue for catfish bait?

My daughter-in-law (a Tennessee girl) told me that when she was younger, living in Tennessee, that鈥檚 what her dad and uncles used. And always caught big cats.

For myself, I鈥檒l try anything...once. And if it works...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts