The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Well, I can't offer any insight. First time I have ever saw one. Personally if it was not going to be used in a mobile application (truck, van, boat, etc.) I would go with a propane powered heat source, no AC or DC power source required and can be had in a wide range of BTU ratings. That is my opinion but it may change if I ever saw one of the diesel heaters in operation. If you get one let us know how she worked for you.

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
Not familiar with the diesel heaters but these are the 2 propane heaters I use when ice fishing near Canada, camping and for emergency home use. Both work excellent and are dual heaters. They sell the single Tank top and single Buddy Heaters for cheaper. I like having more when it's -20 and colder lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trying to avoid propane because of the condensation on the inside of the tent. Plus I think the forced hot air would dry the dogs off quicker. Can't keep a Lab out of the water even if it is only 33 degrees.

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
318 Posts
Tractor supply has some for $299 each. They don’t install on a vehicle, though.

One is 80,000 btu. Another is 140,000 btu. They appear to be smaller versions of some of the big ones used in truck shops several years ago.
Also, they appear to need ac power for the blower.

Reactions: ramon06

·
Registered
Mark from Bartlesville OK
1,649 Posts
I would think you would get condensation from both diesel and propane. Both combine hydrogen and oxygen to create heat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Both work excellent and are dual heaters. I like having more when it's -20 and colder lol
What a wimp!!!

...oh wait, you mean you're OUTDOORS when its -20*? .... if I went outside when it was -20* I'd want something like that too...but, going outside when its that cold...that's just silly!!!

How are you doing buddy? Are you back in the states?

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
Yeah thankfully I'm not in upstate NY anymore lol those were some brutal winters. -37 was the worse I saw while I was there. But most winters didn't drop past -20. Those heaters worked great out there ice fishing though lol

I wish I was back stateside, we're still on lockdown from November, I figure by May they'll ease up on some restrictions, hopefully . How are you doing brother
What a wimp!!!

...oh wait, you mean you're OUTDOORS when its -20*? .... if I went outside when it was -20* I'd want something like that too...but, going outside when its that cold...that's just silly!!!

How are you doing buddy? Are you back in the states?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ramon,
Doing well my friend! Thanks for asking!

We have had some nasty, but not unusual weather. Got down to -20*/-25* several nights in a row. The drain, under the sink froze solid but not the water pipes...that is an odd one. I hope that your family came thru everything okay. Not that your wife couldn't handle it!! I'm not saying that - I don't want to get on her bad side! Just hope they didn't have to deal with it.

That's too bad that they won't at least let you return home and do some iso time here. At least you'd be in the same time zone, etc. I saw the C-19 numbers for last week and they were really low, so maybe we are on the downside of this mess.

Take care and stay healthy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts