didnt make it

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by brinley45cal, Jun 9, 2015.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Im in law enforcment and yesterday i had a guy stop breathing on me.i did cpr till the ambulance got there i had to follow them to the hospital with tem whenthey opened the back of the ambulance tey were still trying to get a pulse so i had to actually go in the room where the drs were working on him....he didnt make it. That empty look in his eyes i see in my sleep,i wonder if i did enough.i can not get the picture of him out of my head with his eyes open and stomach moving up and down fron chest compressions.i know this is a bit graphic but maybe it will help if i got it off my chest as well. Say a prayer for me if ya would folks,thank you.

2. CatBassin'

CatBassin' Well-Known Member

State:
    Harmony, NC
    Name:
    Garrett
    I've been a volunteer firefighter for 11 years and an EMT for 3 years and in my experience you need to get it off your chest. You need to find you someone to talk to about these kind of things. Keeping it in never turns out good. You'll come through it brother. I'm praying for you.

3. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks bro. Ive had it happen before but never had any of them die on me ive always been able to help bring them back or been with them when they had.this is the first one ive ever lost trying to save,tough pill to swallow.

4. boswifedeb

boswifedeb Moderator, USCA Jailhouse Lawyer Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    You did your best and you care. God decided it was his time to go. Saying a prayer for you.

5. Willie Rip

Willie Rip New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeah, that's rough stuff. LORD, help.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Prayers sent to your family, sounds like you done all that you could. Prayers sent to the guy's family for their loss.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You did your best, but when God says its over its over. Prayers of comfort for you.

8. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Thank you for all your prayers and support guys.

9. snakedog

snakedog Active Member

State:
    Shawnee country
    Name:
    Karl
    I used to work in a hospice. There's only so much you can do, and it sounds like you did everything you could, then you got to let go and let God.

10. FishCatcherJim

FishCatcherJim Member

State:
    For Now SW. MI
    Name:
    Jim
  11. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    Prayers to you . you done ur best Ive been there myself except it was my dad did everything I could but wasnt enough cause I lost him it was my 1st and only time Ive ever done CPR and really didnt know what I was doing Ive never had any training just what Ive read so not sure I even did it right but I tried to save my dad

12. Rodpitt

Rodpitt New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have been volunteering with emergency crews for 35 years and worked as a paramedic for 10 years.

There has been many very tough calls that make me wonder why I do this. It never takes long before something great happens to make the tough calls worth it.

I could spend days in here writing about the terrible tragedies I have witnessed and been a part of. Fortunately, I can also spend days writing about the babies I have delivered, or the guy I brought back, and then a week later talked with him and his wife as I transferred him from one hospital to another, or the wife and kids flying from Colorado to meet and thank me after spending four hours inside a mangled truck cab keeping their husband and father alive as we cut him out.

Hang in there. Before you know it, something will happen to remind you why you love doing what you do. You have to focus on the positive that you do.

God bless.

13. Wildwv

Wildwv New Member

State:
    Wv
    Like everyone has said you can't win them all no matter how hard you try or how good you are.. I spent a long time in emergency services both paid and volunteer and every time we had a tragedy like this we had some sort of a debriefing or counseling sessions. This could be one time or ongoing if you felt you needed more time to deal with the issue or stress of the situation. Take full advantage of any help your department can provide you, it will help..

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    losing some one your trying to save is the worst feeling in the world.when i worked on a shrimp boat we went and draged our nets on a couple drownings and finding one is a bad deal all around.prayers for you him and his family on the way.

15. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Prayers from my home to yours. It's a tough thing to deal with...