Didn't it rain hard then.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by litltman, Feb 3, 2007.

1. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    good morning ,this is a true story that happened to me about 30 years ago. I was at a pond in the middle of a field, it had not rained in about 2 months. and every thing was drying up, including the pond, it was not 4 feet deep anywhere in the pond. I had just caught about a 5* bass, just then it began to rain, a real slow misty rain. from the water in the pond to the top of the bank where I was standing was about 3 feet.just as I put the fish in the cooler on the back of my truck, the bottom fell out, no kidding this is a true story. in rained so hard I had to jump in the truck to take a breath.I jumped out to get my rods up. it was the same thing. could not take a breath for the rain was falling so hard and fast. it was pushing the air away from me. and I thought, I am going to drown in a rain storm if I don't stay in this truck. in about 45 minutes the rain let up to a drizzle.I could not believe what I saw. the rain had over filled the pond and the field looked like a giant lake. this was about 10 in the morning. I finally got out of there about 8 that night.true story, it rained so hard I could not see the hood emblem on the truck with the wipers going full speed.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Steve I bet you thought the Flood of Noahs time was upon you. How did you ever get your truck out of that field?:big_smile:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Heck with the truck did you get your fishing poles back.:eek:oooh: That was the most important thing right.:roll_eyes: :lol: How did you get the truck out?

4. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    I believe it, Just the other night we had a storm come through here and put about 500 gals of water in my boat i spent all night out there in my boat that is the canal bailing water because the pump couldent keep up with the rain and it rained like that for about 5 1/2 hours. I even sliped and cracked one of my ribs to LOL been in pain for 4 days now.But i kepted my boat from going under...

5. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    good morning. thanks for the replies. there was a row of trees beside my truck on the left. and the pond was on the right. with a little lane between them where I had parked my truck. I had a chain and a come-a-long in my truck toolbox.it took a while but finally I got it back as far as i could with it. however, I was not back to the rock road yet.I still liked about 75 to 100 feet.but I was out of trees and out of luck I thought.every time I tried, the truck only would spin and get more bogged down.this went on for a good while. as it was now getting dark. and I was about a mile from the main highway on a back road, in a field. just as I was going to leave the truck and walk out and get the truck later on. I noticed a combine, in the edge of the field. I thought , thats funny, haven't noticed it before now. any how.I went to it and the keys were in it. I finally got it started up. and it ran great. trouble was. I never had driven one before.I did manage to get it going, problem was, it was going in reverse, I am only 4 ft 9. thats very short.I couldn't see where I was going.but I was going.finally got it close enough to hook up the chain without driving it in the pond. now, finally got it in a forward gear and pulled in to the road. I have learned a great lesson. never go fishing by your self. have a blessed day