Didn't do any good last nite

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CHAVEZ CHAVEZ, Sep 16, 2007.

1. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    well i went cat'n last nite at the local pond ,lake left the house about 8'pm .
    stood out there afew hr's only catch'n 2 very small cats , first i started off with crawlers , then went to gills and stink bait noth'n not even a crawfish .
    what time do channels spawn ? does the moon phases affect the movement of the cats ? this is just afew Q - i will have more when they popin to my head .

2. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I pretty much ran into the same thing last night. We did catch a few but they were all smaller than usual. The biggest was 2lbs.

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    did ya see my pic -? that's how small there were ( LOL ):embarrassed_2::too_sad:

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    man, i'm sure glad you added this last post. that's a small stringer. been so many yrs since i've owned one of those. :wink:
    as for spawning, down here in yuma, they seem to spawn when they want to. :confused2: i'm catching a few now that have the empty sacs in them.
    gary

5. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    yuma hugh ! i have faimly in Apache Junction . the striger is bigger than what it looks like was just show'n the empty clips (LOL):big_smile_2:

6. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Well atleast you guys go out last night. I was stuck at home watching TV.:0a5: :0a14: :0a10:

7. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    !!HEY!! That's my LUCKY stringer!

8. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i went to my didision of wildlife today to purchase my 11 yr old small game, so i started look'n at broschures and what ever else cought my eye .
    anyways i just happened to look on top of the counter to the right , and would'nt you know it theres a pic ( polaroid ) with a guy with a channel almost 20#lb's !!! he caught it the 15 . anyways heres a Q- that day here it stormed really bad will this change the cats mood ? photo did'nt say time or anything butt it was inthe day time what i could see .

9. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    little fish are better than no fish at least, sucks though. what bait were you using when you did catch the little guys?

10. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i was useing stink bait ( cat fish dynamite ) and pack'n crawlers , here we really don't get alot of catfish ( baits ) i mostly use gills cut up . i've just been expermenting with these baits ( storebought ) i want to make my own bait butt i'm afraid i'll never hear the end of it from my wife .(LOL)