Did you VOTE Today???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ryang, Nov 6, 2007.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    There are people on this board and out there fighting for your rights to do this. It doesnt matter if your Rep or Dem or Independant if you are old enough you should be out there voting for your incumbants.

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ryan, follows a quote by a fellow wise in the ways of politics. He was Will Rogers.

"Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do."

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Gary, I keep calling you Ryan instead of Gary. Guess I should call you Gary Ryan then I'll get it right. I still like "The Attitude Man" though. John.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    YEP! Tryed my best to replace one batch of crooks with some new ones. LOL!

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

Yeah you know they will all screw you, you just like to get screwed in a different way on occasion:smile2:.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    No problem John Im used to it from when I was active duty, I was always getting called by my last name.

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Triple 7's ya got my vote. Can I vote twice like some crooks I know?

8. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I voted a couple of hours ago. I know there are alot of crooks. But I feel that if I don't vote I don't have a say in anything.

9. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I have never missed a voting day in 22 years..but now all of a sudden I'm getting to the point of not caring because I guess I have realized that they are all a bunch of wimps afraid of doing anything that might loose them a vote, they ride the wave which ever direction it goes..all they want to do is have a life long job telling us what to do but then themselves can do what ever they want..I'm starting to think your vote does not count..but I did re up in the NRA for 5 more years:wink:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I hate to come off like a moron ,,But what exactly was today? I never heard about any votin to be held ?

11. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Is a bullfrog waterproof?

12. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I voted today along with my wife. First time ever voting for a relative,as my wife was a candidate for city council this year. BTW,I don't consider my wife to be a crook either.lol

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I thought I would report that my wife won the council seat she was running for with 88% of the votes that were cast. Needless to say she is very excited to win her first election by a landslide! I'm so proud of her and so excited for her to get started in this new endeavor.

14. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Aahhh! The political pendulum swung to the left like a steam roller in KY last night. IMO, it'll continue it's swing through the 2008 national elections.

Hello President Clinton.

15. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I did my duty and voted. The locals are easier to vote for then the presidential race. this years race stinks. I'll stay the course and vote my party but Im not happy with the candidates on either side. who's tough on illegal immigration (deport the criminals!), willing to cut off the excessive spending on countrys that wont repay our loans to them, keep jobs here in the US instead of going over seas, stop spending the social security funds on anything other then the people its supposed to be for, and stop trying to take my guns away? Ooopps must have been sleep typing. That would be political suicide to say they are.