Did you hear that sound?

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by Kutter, May 12, 2009.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Went out to till the garden a little while ago. Got about 1/3 way through when the motor bogged down an died. Seized up tight & hot enough to smoke. Plenty of oil, so who knows what happened.

That sound you may have heard was me crying.:look_down::0a4:

2. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    I'd say ya broke it good this time!:confused2:

3. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Aw man, I hope it's not broke for good! You're better than me; I wouldn't have been crying, I'd have been cussing a blue streak!!**%$###@@!!!!!:tounge_out:

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Maybe you can get a few dillers to finish up. :roll_eyes:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like a rod bearing:sad2: Hope it isnt,I had a sinilar thing happen with my mothers murrey riding mower last summer,It threw a rod :confused2::angry: Just serviced it and put new blades on it ,mowed about 30 minuets and bam,just died.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I went to Craigslist to see if I could find another motor for it. Don't ya just love it when somebody puts in the following: "Used to be a good motor" or "I got it to start once". Both wanted $100 for it. Go figure.

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Put a Honda replacement motor on it,,, 1 pull Honda's,,, they have small engines down to a science.

Check out Ebay,, that's where I get my tillers and replacement motors from,,,

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kutter when you started this thread, I thought you were going to talk about listening to the plants growing. Sorry to hear about the motor. Dig down in that sock and buy a new rig.:wink:

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I took the spark plug out this morning and put some oil down through the hole. Using a 24" breaker bar, I was able to get the motor to turn over. It appears to be getting easier to turn, the more I force it. However, it's a long way from being loose enough to turn by the pull rope. I wish I had my impact from work, here. Then I could get it turning a lot. I am of the belief that the more turning I do, the looser it may get. I may make a living as a mechanic, but it sure doesn't involve gas motors of any kind.
    Now, if I could wire that tiller up to 240vac, I could get it running in no time. For that matter, I wonder whether it would except a PLC.:wink:

10. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    just get a big extension cord a plc and a couple motors and just program it to do it all by itself.

11. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Now, if I could wire that tiller up to 240vac, I could get it running in no time. For that matter, I wonder whether it would except a PLC.

Good idea, but then you'd have to put a lockout box on it...LOL

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yes, you are absolutely correct. We must lockout/tag out everything. Wonder if they make one that would fit my wif.......never mind.

13. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sorry to here about your tiller. Good luck on getting it running again.:006: