"Did you catch anything?"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whiskerlover, Jul 12, 2007.

1. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    After coming home from fishing this evening my wife asked me "did you catch anything"?Well, I said no and she said " so you wasted your time?" Well, that made me think about the fishing trip. I was on a nice calm lake, temp was about 70 degrees, I saw some bass fishermen on beutiful boats, I watched a father teaching his children how to fish, and I watched 6 deer feeding out in a field. Well, I just looked at my wife and said " If that was wasted time than i will be more than happy to waste the rest of my life.

2. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well said Whiskerlover, i get the same thing at home.. hows that saying go?

"A bad day of fishing is always better than a good day at work (home?)LOL"

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I get the same thing asked all the time. It is especially hard to explain when you just spent alot of money on a boat and everything that goes along with it. But I'm with you, all the time and money in the world is worth it.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    my wife does that to me to when I come home from hunting and didnt fill a tag. Some people just dont/wont understand its not a matter of harvesting something but rather the experience of it all that drives our passion.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well Put, And thats probably why its referred to as 'fishing' rather than 'catching':confused2::big_smile:

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    yeah, I've had people ask me how I can spend so much time fishing. My usual response is "how can you spend so much time on the couch watching 10 year old Friends (or whatever) reruns?"

7. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i got to go fishing tonight and caught a 1 lb-er in the pond but hey its a fish lol nothing like the first one to get you catching more of em later on so lookout catfish cause tommorrows another day! lol

8. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey! When I ask "did you catch anything" it means I hope you did so I don't have to figure out what's for supper.:wink:

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    One trick I do use is since I fish with 2 rods. sometimes I'll catch a few bluegills. that way there if anyone asks if I caught anything. I can say truthfully, yes but nothing worth keeping. Unless they specifically ask what I caught, Im not lying.

10. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    My wife doesn't get it either. The main thing to me is just spending time as a family. If we catch ANYTHING, that's cool, but at least we are together. Some people just can't relax.
    But they can lay in the sun all day LOL

11. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    When the wife asks that question I just got to reply "No and that is why I have to go again tomorrow". luck

12. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Very funny!! I am definitely going to have to use that one.