did ya feel it

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by stickusmc, Apr 18, 2008.

1. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    had a couple of quakes today in southern illinois

i just felt one up here at about 10:20 or so a bigger one hit about 4 this mornin

2. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Yup. Felt both. How much fun is this! :smile2:

4. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    it is cool at first i though a semi went by but nope and no train was goin through

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yep, felt em both. Wouldn't be surprised if we get some more aftershocks.

6. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    these were centered about 35 miles from me and liked to shook me and the wife out of bed, came downstairs and watched the local news to see what had aucttuly had happened. Was at work when othere one hit and it shook the concret floor and all the stuff on the wall. Now that was fun:tounge_out:

7. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Was here on the computer when the first one hit.... 4:37 a.m. ...... it was unnerving to say the least... never felt the second one.. I was over in Cape Girardeau.

Years ago when we had the one that was comparable to this one, I was rabbit hunting. Was one of the most scary things I have ever witnessed. Guys the ground actually looked like waves on water. I know that sounds unbelieveable but the ground just seemed to roll like those waves do. What amazed me was it did not crack open. Anyone else ever seen anything like that?

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    dean what are u doing up at 4 30 in the morning? i was in carbondale in a hotel and it woke me up. didnt feel the second one.

9. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    i work midnights at a steel fabrication shop in southern illinois......it quakes all night there...lol...but half my family had text me around 4:40am to let me know....