Did ya catch the show on Dicovery Science?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Oct 29, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It was called "The Big Thrill" and it was all about catching huge fish! They showed deep sea fishing Blue Cat Fishing and the Mekong Catfish. They also showed people who go into the water hand fishing for flatheads.The 124 pound cat that was caught on the Mississippi River that weighed 124 pounds they said it's circumference was 5 feet.I thought it was a very interesting show and just wondered if ya all had been able to watch it.:big_smile:

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    yes i did catch it about a mouth ago it was a good show if it is the same one

3. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I seen it...that was a neat show.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Nope missed it ,what channel is the that anyway( number wise.)I can't never seem to find it. Isn't that 124# cat the one that was caught down by Alton?

5. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    i missed it too man what a shame i would like to see it I guess I will have to keep a eye out for it

6. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I always miss the good stuff.

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Dang I missed it to

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    MRR yes it was the same 124 pound catfish from Alton.Someone videotaped them as they were trying to pick it up and it took 3 good sized men standing sise by side to hold it.If memory serves me correctly they said he was 5 0r 6 feet long! The Mekong was caught by using a huge net that is strung from one side of the bank to the other.I guess it went all the way to the bottom,anyway they would occupy themselves doing other things on the bank and if the water started splashin alot that ment they had to start pulling in the net.Interesting way to catch fish I spose.I don't think they'd allow that in the United Stated!:big_smile:

9. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    i saw it very good show