Did they move the equator

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by jeffw51, Oct 7, 2007.

1. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    what is with this heat ,it was ninety two here yesterday,i have completely put bowhunting on hold until it breaks.i have no desire to kill a deer on a ninety degree day ,it just doesnt seem like hunting to me. is it hot everywhere, or do some of you have normal or cool temps?

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Had snow here Oct 15th last year. Last night had the air conditioner on. Close to 90 today. Think I'll put some tomatoes out.

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Wonder how JW is doing in Kentucky on the farm?

The weather keeps up, they could pull in a second harvest..

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    For the first time in my life, I saw cotton ready to pick and having new blooms on it at the same time down in Alabama this week end on our way home from Pickwick. Still in the 90s here in Chattanooga.

5. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Last year on this same weekend, i fished a tournament that started at 6 am. There was ice in the floor of the boat, it was so cold..Now this weekend, one year later, they are calling for record breaking highs for October.Its 90 degrees here too.

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Fished without a shirt on, (Not a pretty sight) yesterday. No big Bluecats and I fished in the exact place as my avatar. Saw fish all over the bottom but not even a nibble. Hit 90 degrees at 3:00PM. I bow hunted in the morning. Swatted mosquitoes and didn't see squat. Come on cold weather.

7. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It is all Al Gore's fault from jet setting all over world in his private jet blaming the low life's they are causing global warming. Or it could come from the 7 suv's he claims he didnt know he owned. Or the 8,000 dollar heating and airconditioning bill he recieves each month on his 12,000 square foot home!!:eek:oooh:

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't recall it ever being as hot during bow season than yesterday. By the time I got in the tree, the sweat was just pouring off of me.

9. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here in Middle-Of-Nowhere, Ohio, it's pushin' 90 yesterday, 90 today, and spozed to be pushin' 90 again tomorrow... Tuesday, tho, we're spozed to have a cold front come thru and the temps are going to drop to the 70s/high 60s...

10. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    maybe if we put some horns on him and turned him loose on opening day all this stuff would stop!

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Were having record highs here as well, hunting season just isnt hunting season when you want to be wearing shorts and a t shirt. Fishing hasnt been too bad and if this keeps I may have a second harvest of cantaloupes.

12. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I won't put an arrow into anything that isn't safe to consume! LMAO!!!

As far as the heat, it's is typical here in Oklahoma to have 90 degree heat in October. The last two years, it was alot cooler in early October, but I can remember just as many years were the temps were in the upper 80s and low 90s.

We've got 4 seasons here in Oklahoma: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas!:smile2:

13. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I know what yall mean, its been in the 90's here the last few days. Muzzleloader starts on the 18th, and if it aint no cooler, i'm not even gonna bother. Between the mosquitos and worrying about meat spoiling, its just not worth it to me. Last year i was fighting mosquitos the week after thanksgiving. Seemed like i shoulda been fishing instead. Its usually cold by then.

14. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    its cold and rainy here this morning,im like a kid on christmas morning ,now its time to go after big boy.

15. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It's more of the same here in Indiana...90's Saturday, Sunday, and today...80's tomorrow, then down into the 60's from Wednesday on out...I'll for sure be in the stand early thursday morning. Darn Indiana weather.

16. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I wonder if all this will affect the rut too. I am in the ozark area of MO and I haven't seen ANY buck sign yet. Its hard for me to remember the exact time frame of last year... but I am pretty sure I was beginning to see rubs by the end of September and scrapes by around this time. I've done my share of "mid season" scouting in areas I hunt and areas that are new to me during the middle of the day when its too HOT to hunt... I am not seeing anything. Is anyone else noticing the lack of rubs/scrapes or any sign of pre-rut type stuff? Again, It is hard for me to remember the exact week I usually start seeing sign... but I am pretty sure that by now I was already observing it. Seems like the heat has affected it a little to me.

17. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I don't think it will affect the rut. From what I understand about the rut is it's triggered more by the diminishing times of light than by temperature.

18. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I saw all kinds of sign last Saturday even though it's been real dry all summer and REALLY HOT. I was surprised to find several scrapes and a lot of rubs on the opening day of bow season. That doesn't usually start until later around here. The amount of daylight is what triggers the rut.

19. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    same heat here as well. it's been in the 90's. we got a little rain tonight to help cool it off a little , but i'm sure it's gonna be hot again tomorrow. someone mentioned a second harvest. my neighbor has a whole garden of volunteer grape tomatoes. he let them grow this year and harvested what he wanted. the plants died and there's already a new crop coming up from all the dropped fruit. they'll be ready to pick again before it frosts i bet. i've never seen that happen...