Did the wind stop your fishin?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by gtbait, Oct 21, 2007.

1. gtbait

gtbait Active Member

State:
    AZ
    Anyone, anybody?

2. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The wind sucks. I can never catch any Flatheads in the wind. I'm sure they are still eating, i just can't get any boat or line control. I would rather face 115 degrees, 20 degrees or a straight out rain storm than wind. I will still keep fishing, but it usually just turns into one long nap.

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I WILL NOT FISH IN THE WIND!! I just cancelled a MUCH needed and anticipated fishing trip due to the recent winds here. It was frustrating, but like "CHUMMER" said, you have no control over anything. You spend more time fooling around with stuff that you just cant concentrate or be positive about the trip.

4. gtbait

gtbait Active Member

State:
    AZ
    It can be tough to find those out of the gale locations. I know Channels will often load up on a windswept point. Gorging on Shad tumbling along the bottom. Flatheads can be a tough go. On moving water they seem to prefer, at least the larger fish, "holing" up. Deep into snags or cut banks. Sneaky devils that they are. A ballon inflated about fist size, cut bait or injured Bluegill allowed to float in on 'em. Ok enough of my noise.

5. DryHeat

DryHeat New Member

State:
    arizona
    We lost a whole day Sunday do to the wind ..... A real disappointment following 3+ hours of driving :sad2:

6. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    just FYI,,,,NEVER go to Roosevelt if the wind is over 10mph!!!!! THat lake turns into a swell fest, and it is not worth the trip. I have fished it for years and 10mph is the limit you can navigate that lake without having to cove dive all day. Just FYI:wink:

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    down around yuma area, i'll fish at time with winds up to 20, but that is max. so many channels to duck into.
    gary