Hey all, I live in central Ill and as some of you may know we had a descent drought this summer. Now the river I fish is shallow to begin with and the dryness did not help out at all. My question is where in the heck would these guys have gone to escape an almost certain death? We started noticing during the postspawn that our area had ran kinda dry(not as many fish being caught). Hopefully that was a sign that they got the heck outta there before it got to shallow. Now it is nearly frozen over, has had a layer of ice over the river at one point. I am just confused as to how these guys could survive when most of the water surrounding them was 2 ft or less with unsurpassable areas on both sides of our areas. So now they are stuck in about 3ft(ice melt) of water with the water temp very low 34 degrees or so. Please say it ain't so if it comes to them dying.