Did pretty decent Saturday night.

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by catfishjohn, Aug 21, 2006.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Well,I didn't catch my all time PB,but I did catch my PB of 2006.It was a 15lb0oz flathead :big_smile:
    I caught him on the head of an Israeli carp on bottom.I also caught an 11lb9oz with a live 5-6" Israeli carp also on bottom.Add to that 4 channels from 2-4lbs.All in all I had a great night,except for 1 thing...I had my digi cam with me and a 4-pack of dollar store batteries...Big Mistake for trying to be cheap!!! All 4 of the batteries didn't have enough juice to turn on the camera.All my rechargeable batteries weren't charged up so I took the cheapies.Never again will I do that,I didn't get a single pic of the fish.
    Thanks to all those who wished me luck,I really think it worked.I'll probably be asking you all again this weekend,if i'm able to go.:wink:

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Hey John, Sounds Like You Did Really Well To Me, It's Unfortunate About The Camera. I Just Use The Waterproof Disposable Ones From Wally World.

They Are Cheap & No Battery Problems :roll_eyes: . No Matter What Congratulations :smile2:

3. mohicks

mohicks New Member

State:
    VA
    I echo the comment on the waterproof cameras. I ruined the camera that captured the first big blue cat I ever caught. I never got to see the picture.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish brother, glad ya got a nice one. Next time get a pic.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The same happened to me but with my bait aerater. Now I know to stick with energizer or duracell batteries.

6. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
  7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congratulation on your PB for 2006 John and thanks for sharing with us.

8. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Brother John sounds like you had a great time.

:0010:

9. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    Sounds like a successful fishing trip glad to hear it.

10. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey congrats on the catches, the day after that (sunday morning) i caught my 2 PB flatheads, one was 1o lbs and the second one was 11 lbs, both on cut shad. I cant say my camera broke but i can say that i have a bad habit of not bringing a camera lol, O well.

11. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Man, sounds like you had a wonderful time! Sux about the camera, I just had my camera start havin problems too! I'm gonna have to upgrade. Doin it Monday so I'll be back online then every morning! LOL Congrats on the fish. Is PB Peacock Bass? or Personal Best? LOL!