Did flathead catfish pack up there stuff and leave?

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by MillvaleMauler, Aug 25, 2009.

1. MillvaleMauler

MillvaleMauler New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    The last couple times i've been out the bites have been pretty bad. flatheads are nowhere to be found, only a few channels. anyone else caught a bad streak around pittsburgh?

2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    first off wclcome to boc gary--yes the flatties are not hit the bait hard right now feel with weather this years just now getting into the 90s they should starting bites i heard from weather man here in indy and he is saying temps this weekend only in low 70s and next highs next in the mid 60s

3. This summer is way too short and cool.

4. bowman732000

bowman732000 Member

State:
    south park pa.
    been fishing the mon the last 10 days or so.spent alot of the days catching bluegills and chubs. and half of most nights after flats.we have put about 40 hours night fishing, with 1 13lb flat,my only run.my son in law caught one smaller one also.we have been shore fishingbut the boat is coming back out thursday night. hope things pick up by then.

5. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    That boat might help... my 20+ pounders have all been in more than 7 feet of water. some at 15 feet. Might not sound deep but thats about as deep as our river gets in a lot of places.

6. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    not sure where you guys are fishing around the burgh, but to me it seems like the bite is picking up. atleast at the spots i go to which include both the ohio and the allegheny. been doing good with live bait and cut bait, maybe try to find some new spots and mix the bait up with cut and alive.
    shit, two nights ago pat got that 34# and his brother got a handfull of teens, i think just between the two of them they had 6-8 fish and most were nice fish 10# and up. just keep trying thats all i do..tight lines...justin

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Gary ; Kasey an George ,welcome to the B.O.C ,from N.C. .Take a few mins. an check out the FAQ threads under quick links top of home page ,this might help you find your way around on here :wink:

8. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Where you been hitting? The bite on the Allegheny and Ohio seems to be as good as it,s been all year.

9. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    the skuke hasn't been too bad either, seems like after the rains when the river is on the drop the bite has been decent

10. MillvaleMauler

MillvaleMauler New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    theres a hole in millvale i fish, i used chubs, and it was great. All of a sudden there was nothing. i am going to switch it up might go down river by the stadium or up river in sharpsburg. thanks for your input guys.