Did anyone see the article about....

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by germanmudfish, Aug 2, 2008.

1. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    the Oconee River and the testing of the fish down around Dublin. It seems some fishermen have been concerned about the sores and deformed gills on fish coming from the waters down that way so the State biologists have been looking into the problem. Their opinion, there is no problem. Everything is a natural occurrence for the time of year and the species of fish. Stress from spawning and the heat is amplifyng the natural fungi, etc. The fish are safe. :eek:oooh: What is your take on the matter?

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    They should know. They are the experts, right? :smile2:

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I would like to read that.... can you plug me into the link ronnie?

4. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Arron, I will try to find it on line. It was actually on the front page of the Macon Telegraph.

5. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    I have not read any article however we spent a week fishing at Clark hill and the Ga. Wildlife Management team said that there were catfish with so called sores or what they said WARTS...... and that if we caught any to throw them on the bank and let the racoons have them and not to eat them or put them back in the water. Dont know if this is the same issue just giving you the information that was told to me.

I didnt catch any so I really cant say that I have seen them.

My .02 cents is spent lol

AJ

6. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    If ya'll are concerned about the water quality in Georgia's rivers here is a great link to check out. www.garivers.org